Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help with quick detach passenger backrest on 08

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2018, 09:05 AM
cprhed
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,090 Likes on 629 Posts
Default Need help with quick detach passenger backrest on 08

just like the title.

I bought one online and it turned out to be really short. Like the bottom of the backrest pad is even with the top of the seat. Way too low for her liking.

I have been doing some searching but I am having issues looking online because there is either little to no results coming back for 08 quick detach or I cannot tell if they are tall or short. I certainly don't want to drop another bucket of money on one and again have it be wrong.

At this point I don't care about Chrome or black. I really don't care for the luggage rack ones but if that ends up being what I have to get then so be it.

I suppose if I have to buy the side plates and such individual and build my own I may have to go that way too but I would like hear from ya'll first.

Old 01-30-2018, 09:25 AM
Sturgis67
Road Master
Received 117 Likes on 94 Posts

What seat do you have? That can make a difference. The QR brackets are usually the same configuration. How about a couple pics to help.

Where you at in So Dak? I grew up in Rapid.

Old 01-30-2018, 09:32 AM
cprhed
Stellar HDF Member

I have the stock seat on my 08 ultra. I am seeing that the quick detach backrests listed for 09 up say they do not fit for mine. Is there a difference in the mounting point configuration for the detachables on older vs newer? I don't know.

I live in Watertown. Northeast SD. Spent a lot of time out west though. If it wasn't for the congestion of the rally and tourists I would love to live out there. I'll shoot a couple pics of my setup.

Old 01-30-2018, 09:44 AM
cprhed
Stellar HDF Member

She did complain about this one being too forward as well. I have the rear hardware also but haven't put it on because it appeared that it was not used for backrests. If there is a backrest designed to mount on the rear hardware and sit back farther that might be a good option too.

hope this helps.

This picture shows the current backrest only partially attached. It is leaning forward because I don't have it engaged all the way but she did say that she would prefer to have it leaned back a bit.