Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

XM Radio on

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2018, 03:42 PM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor
Received 1,635 Likes on 1,180 Posts

That's a good point made above about not giving them your CC number. I always have them invoice me by mail.

__________________________________________________ ____
For ROCKOUT information & purchasing please click HERE For all Twin Cams and Evo Big Twins & Sportsters

Also on amazon.com...
Imitated, never equaled... ROCKOUTS!

Old 01-29-2018, 04:19 PM
MSC
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ROCKOUT Rocker Products
That's a good point made above about not giving them your CC number. I always have them invoice me by mail.

__________________________________________________ ____
For ROCKOUT information & purchasing please click HERE For all Twin Cams and Evo Big Twins & Sportsters
Me too, no cc numbers for them!

Old 01-29-2018, 07:47 PM
Longridertx
Road Master
Received 121 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Coastal CVO
Added it to my 18 T/G about 2 weeks ago, not getting good reception just about anywhere, sound quality does not match the FM channels. Not sure I would do it again based on my last 2 weeks experience.
Move your XM antenna. Mount it just to the right of the vent and it looks like it was meant to be there. I have Xm on my 15 Ultra and located the antenna just to the right of the fairing vent and have no issues with reception when I'm down in your area or anywhere else.

Old 01-30-2018, 08:40 AM
slowrollin
Road Master
Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Longridertx
Move your XM antenna. Mount it just to the right of the vent and it looks like it was meant to be there. I have Xm on my 15 Ultra and located the antenna just to the right of the fairing vent and have no issues with reception when I'm down in your area or anywhere else.
Went ahead and had it put in. I got that $30 for 6 month deal guys were talking about. My antenna is under my fairing. The reception is crystal clear so far. I also have my radio and CB antenna under the fairing. I thought it might cause a problem, but I didn't notice anything on the ride home from the shop.

Old 01-30-2018, 09:13 AM
TriDan
Cruiser
Received 55 Likes on 44 Posts

I got the traffic, weather and XM. This year we're going from DC to El Paso and after having XM for a couple iron butts and NOT having XM for one long ride, it's worth every penny.

Old 01-30-2018, 09:20 AM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Using a CC is no problem if you remember to call them at least two days before your trial period ends. Negotiate a new price and go from there. I write down the date to call them and attach it to my PC monitor so I don't forget.

Old 01-30-2018, 09:39 AM
voodoodrug
Stellar HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 81 Posts

Having the antenna inside the fairing was fine,probably for most. What I notice is some dead spots here and there,depending were I ride, so eventually placed it on the pearch to the side of the wind sheild(side closest to middle of road) then found noticeably more improvement with the wilson antenna. Now my aquatic stereo shows all the reception bars lit up all the time,hardly ever a glitche and the album cover is displayed more often.I dont really like seeing the antenna but its small and a trade off of sorts.

now log into the app on your phone and stream it in the house and car. ultamit lazy way to listen,I can get hacked,downloaded music from anywere,entire radio libraries,program tracks anything even before its released,then drag them into a usb...too much work most of the time.

Old 01-30-2018, 03:53 PM
MilesOfTexas
Road Warrior
Received 159 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by slowrollin
How many of you folks have XM radio and feel it's worth it. I'm thinking about getting it, but it seems kind of expensive after all of their taxes and fees. Wondering if I should just stick to the iPod.
I see you have went forward with getting one.

I think it really comes down to personal preference and the type of riding you do. I ride a LOT of cross country (over 100k miles in 3 years) so I added one to my '14 Limited and I wouldn't go back. I buy the entire package (radio, travel link, etc) and pay around $200 per year. I find having weather radar, traffic notifications and fuel prices to be worth it.

Enjoy!

Old 01-31-2018, 03:25 PM
Nute
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Doesn't work real good in the mountains or around tall buildings. Just saying!

Old 01-31-2018, 03:54 PM
rdm1465
Tourer

Received 1,023 Likes on 197 Posts

I have multiple vehicles with and without Sirius/XM. So, instead of paying for multiple radios, I just went out and bought a portable car XM radio and move it around as needed. The antenna is magnetic and can be placed just about anywhere and works. I used it in my 2006 Goldwing and most know there is virtually no metal, so I just tossed it into one of the plastic storage boxes. Same thing on the Can Am and RV.

I am going to use a FM modulator with the XM radio on the Ultra Limited.

Quick Reply: XM Radio on