Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2-1 Insight: Fat Cat vs. Pro Pipe BP vs. Rinehart for 07 FLHX

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 03:08 PM
XXXRacing
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2-1 Insight: Fat Cat vs. Pro Pipe BP vs. Rinehart for 07 FLHX

Looking for insight from people with all 3 pipes. I have the rinehart on my softail, I like how it sounds, looks and performs. On the few pics I have seen on the X, it just doesn't look as nice as the other 2 IMO.I am leaning towards the pro pipe. On a stage 1 96", does any of them make more power than the others. Plan on going with a SERT and I already have the intake off my softail. Thanks for the help.
Brian

Old 06-18-2007, 03:15 PM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 321 Likes on 197 Posts
Default RE: 2-1 Insight: Fat Cat vs. Pro Pipe BP vs. Rinehart for 07 FLHX

Can't help you on the performance question, you might try doing a search. I do have a pic that might help though.

I know a Road Rage wasn't on your list, but since I had the pic thought you might like it.

There are several guys running a Fatcat on this forum. There was a recent thread discussing the Fatcat and you can see some pics in there. Of the pipes you mention, the Fatcat would be the best performer and best quality. I think AMS is having a sale on them right now.

Old 06-18-2007, 08:42 PM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

If you are considering a 2-1 exhaust, the top 2 are either the FatCat 2-1 or the Supertrapp 2-1. Fatcat is well known for their great fit&finish and they produce great power. Supertrapp is well known for it's adjustabilty of power and sound, and the fit&finish is top notch.

Other then that, none of them really get great reviews in all areas. Do some searching thru the forums and you'll get plenty of info to lead you in the right direction.

Steve

Old 06-18-2007, 09:23 PM
Macadoo
Intermediate

Mydollar and vote went for the quiet baffle on the FAT CAT's and I love my dyno #"S. Very nice sound,I even wrapped the pipe with exhaust tape prior to the heat shield and the left side of my engine is warmeston my legs. Great music when you are putzin but really howls when you jump on it.

Old 06-18-2007, 09:28 PM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Of the three, I would definately get the FatCat.

However, as Zach & Steve have mentioned, both the SuperTrapp a nd RoadRage are also nice options.

Old 06-18-2007, 10:54 PM
Bryan1724
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As Zach said,it's not on your listbut....... Ialso have the Bassani Road Rage. Just a FYI for you. The D&D Fat Cat and the Bassani Road Rage are a true tuned pipe, theyuse equal length pipes for the front and rear cylinders. Just something else for you to ponder. [sm=confused06.gif]

Old 06-18-2007, 11:10 PM
GasCan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I posted my input on the post you entered on the D&D Fat Cat Thread. Have a read there!

Graeme

Old 06-18-2007, 11:16 PM
Geezer Glide Bob
Tourer
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Not that I have any dyno numbers, but I had an 03 Ultra Classic with Reinhart TD's on and now I have an 07 Ultra with the SuperTrapp 2:1 and love the sound. I wasn't ever really happy with the sound of the Reinhart's. With the SupperTrapp, there are so many options as in add more disks, or a different end cap, or even an open end cap!! I guess you need to look at what you really want, performance or price or tune ability. Either way with a 2:1 you can't go wrong if you check product support or reliability first.

Old 06-18-2007, 11:17 PM
XXXRacing
Road Warrior

Thanks for the info. I am def going with the D&D. As for the autotune, I'd love to go with it but I am not planning any more upgrades on the bike after the pipe & air cleaner. The sert has worked out well on my buddy's SB.And in addition, I purchased the extended warranty which I'm pretty sure the thundermax would all but void. I love the wideband with the autotune, my turbo'd racecar has similar features and is fun to work with.

Old 06-18-2007, 11:18 PM
razehog
Advanced

Just curious why you don't have a 2-1 Thunder Header in the mix? If you're looking for increased HP just from an exhaust you aren't going to beat a T.H. !

Quick Reply: 2-1 Insight: Fat Cat vs. Pro Pipe BP vs. Rinehart for 07 FLHX