Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RG in North East not Popular??

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 03:33 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: RG in North East not Popular??

I live in NM and went to the dealership today. He had a black one on the floor. Hanging out and chatting with the employees, not one of them liked the way they look. I'll admit, I felt the same. I rented one, and it was fine, but prefered the UC. I ended up with a rk custom, a personal choice. However, since really paying attention, lately, I have grown to like the look of the rg. Took a long time, but still hate the engine. I think if they came with the black and chrome, I would be more apt to consider one. JMHO.

Old 06-19-2007, 08:27 AM
maximus
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I live in the Northeast (sort of...actually midatlantic) and see quite a few in my area. I keep trying to buy a new bike and get back on my roadie and think..."Maybe next year".

Old 06-19-2007, 09:06 AM
JC650
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw one last night and it had the tour pack with the lights and lowers on it and looked real good.

Old 06-19-2007, 10:14 AM
nightglide
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Crusher

ORIGINAL: Mr Wonderful

The parts of the Country that the RoadGlide sells well in is directly correlated to the average IQ of the populace.........higher the IQ, higher the popularity!

It's "the thinking man's" Harley!

[sm=hail.gif][sm=hail.gif][sm=hail.gif][sm=hail.gif][sm=hail.gif][sm=hail.gif][sm=hail.gif][sm=hail.gif][sm=hail.gif][sm=hail.gif]
Let me guess. The highest RG ownership in the US is in Tulsa!

YES!!! it is Tulsa!!! I love the RG

Old 06-19-2007, 10:27 AM
Thundercloud
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 2 Posts

When I was looking for one, my local dealer said " You don't want a Road Turd, you want an Ultra " he wouldn't even order me one, so guess what?? He lost the sale. But I made it a point to stop by and show the parts manager that was a friend of mine the day I rode it home from a from another dealer 50 miles away.

I just rode mine from VA to CA and back 6223 miles and while crossing the panhandle of TX we had a steady 40mph cross wind and I past a couple guys on Ultras with my cruise control on at 75 and laid back against my back rest riding one handed while they were doing the White Knuckle Death Grip to keep theirs on the road.

Call it what you want, but I'll call it the Best Damn Touring Bike HD makes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/4934/C783D233E9C44B36AF194A4439F965E5.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-19-2007, 12:48 PM
Road Glider
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

RG's aren't popular here in the Midwest either. I'd say maybe 1-2% of the bike I see on the road are RG's (and I like it that way). Iowneda Softail and needed more of a touring bike. Rented a Road King and an Ultra on two different trips and wasn't impressed with the handling or how I sat on the bike (felt too cramped and pushed too far forward for my 36" inseam). Bought a RG based on riding my friend's '94 Tour Glide with 120,000 miles on her.

My dealer usually has a RG sitting on his floor and it sits for a few months before it moves. Like he said, people that "ride a lot" buy the RG. I'm sure happy with mine!