Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RG in North East not Popular??

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 10:53 PM
DAVETHEBUILDER
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: RG in North East not Popular??

Let keep em Road Glidesa secret, I like bein the only one at alot of rides i attend, Ugly is in the eye of the beholder. But when a freindrode mine he liked it better than his 07 UC

Old 06-18-2007, 11:07 PM
brabbit
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've seen several down here in Bama. The closest dealer in Huntsville had two new ones on the floor last time I was in.
I think they look pretty good myself.

Old 06-18-2007, 11:33 PM
RandyNC
Tourer

I like the new orange pearl road glide myself.

Old 06-18-2007, 11:36 PM
chriscalabro
Cruiser
Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

They are an acquired taste. But I saw quite a few in Laconia last week. They are not as common as EG or RK's. But nothing handles like a road glide

Old 06-19-2007, 01:15 AM
bigdogg
6th Gear

Man, dont try to scare me off, im about to buy one. Boston Harley has 4 on the floor right now. red, black, pewter and black pearl.

Old 06-19-2007, 01:29 AM
byersmtrco
Supporter
Received 513 Likes on 357 Posts

What's scary is, how good they look with a tour pack too . . . AND the lowers!!!! Anyone at Harley reading ???!!!!

Old 06-19-2007, 01:37 AM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,223 Likes on 1,840 Posts

The dealer that I work for in NH says that you cannot just get one of them unless you order it for a customer. If you order them for the showroom you have to take so many of them so they don't do it. I have buds that have them and see a few of them, but for the most part, not too many up here.

Old 06-19-2007, 01:54 AM
DrLove907
Cruiser

It's either love at first sight or letting them grow on you. I was choosing between a black pearl Street Glide and a black pearl Roady. I choose the Street Glide because I didn't like the polished finish on the Roady engine. I think they are way cool, beauty is in the eye of the beholder!!

Old 06-19-2007, 02:29 AM
Greybeardrider
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love the profile of the RG, it's very sleek, custom look,. I live in the northwest corner of the northwest corner of the country. Bellingham, Wa., about 100 mi's north of Seattle. I don't see that many up here, I think the Ultra is no.1, RK 2nd, and Heritage are the fevorite baggers.
I've ridden the Street Glide, and it's a good ride, but haven't tried the RG yet. I don't get why some are against fixed fairing, my 1975 Honda had one (Vetters), and it was just fine.
We all think our own bike is the best looking Harley, I guess, and others are, not so much.I can't understand why the V-Rod is still around, based on how many of those I see on the road. Why not discontinue it instead of WG, if rumors are true.There's tons of WG's on the road. Oh well, just my opinon,....and we know what that's worth

Old 06-19-2007, 02:31 AM
spizzyman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The first time I saw one, Robbie Knievel was riding it. I thought, "man what an ugly bike". Then one dayI took a closer look on the HD web site and then at the dealer and my mind was changed. I don't see many at the dealer and they do not last long when they get there. More are showing up on Eastern WA. roads looking pretty stock, no tour packs or back rests. I will be going back and forth between the RG and the UC until I finally pull the trigger later this year. It is hard to take your eyes off the RG when you see one on the road. Sweet looking bikes.

Spiz

Quick Reply: RG in North East not Popular??