Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TPMS Harley

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2018 | 06:16 PM
nobodyknowsme
Banned
Veteran: Air Force

Originally Posted by TheGrandPoohBah
Another plus for TPMS is when you are on a road that you may not be familiar with and something just feels a little "Squirrelly", you know, like you may have a low tire. With my Garmin TPMS I can check it on the fly, and either address it, or forget about it and ride on.
I also like that you can set your low pressure alarm at whatever psi you choose.
As mentioned, I have TPMS on all my vehicles, and have grown to like it.
However, don't forget, NOTHING replaces your periodic tire inspections!
You are wise beyond my years. I mean... Wait, what do I mean???

Old 01-23-2018 | 09:17 PM
TheGrandPoohBah
Extreme HDF Member

I just remembered another option.
I heard a guy a few years ago say that if He suspects a low tire, He just leans way over and checks out His tires as He is booking on down the road. You know, I would imagine some dude must be pretty flexible to get a good look at a rear bagger tire ripping down the road around 70 mph or so, especially in the twisties!
Come to think of it, He could probably put His gas cap on the flat spot that He ground down on the top of His helmet when He buys fuel!

Old 01-24-2018 | 02:05 PM
big papa AZ
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by TheGrandPoohBah
I just remembered another option.
I heard a guy a few years ago say that if He suspects a low tire, He just leans way over and checks out His tires as He is booking on down the road. You know, I would imagine some dude must be pretty flexible to get a good look at a rear bagger tire ripping down the road around 70 mph or so, especially in the twisties!
Come to think of it, He could probably put His gas cap on the flat spot that He ground down on the top of His helmet when He buys fuel!

Right up there where guys say they check their air pressures on their baggers everytime they ride...

Old 01-24-2018 | 04:52 PM
TheGrandPoohBah
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by big papa AZ
Right up there where guys say they check their air pressures on their baggers everytime they ride...
Exactly.
Kind of like a game of "Pin the tail on the spinning donkey".

Old 01-24-2018 | 06:52 PM
hbsoldier3
Elite HDF Member

I like when a Troll posts a new thread like this one. Gets us talking about different avenues of approach. Great ideas in this thread; thanx Troll guy.

The following users liked this post:
DanHappy (01-25-2018)
Old 01-25-2018 | 09:34 PM
F150HD
Grand HDF Member

people steal these things off your bike when parked at a bike night or whatnot?

I had 'fancy' chrome valve caps on my old Fatboy. People kept stealing them. They weren't pricey, but it was irritating. Seems TPMS caps could befall the same fate.

Old 01-26-2018 | 04:45 AM
hbsoldier3
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by F150HD
people steal these things off your bike when parked at a bike night or whatnot?

I had 'fancy' chrome valve caps on my old Fatboy. People kept stealing them. They weren't pricey, but it was irritating. Seems TPMS caps could befall the same fate.
True, FoBo has a theft deterrent lock, good enough to keep honest people out type of thing. However, I have never installed them. Had not heard of anybody getting their's stolen. Valve caps are kinda like Christmas lights, when I was a kid who ever collected the most won.

Old 01-26-2018 | 06:25 AM
elPrez
Stellar HDF Member

I also have the Garmin caps. Had them for a couple years without anyone running off with them so far. One thing to keep in mind , if you go with the Garmin setup make sure you replace your rubber valve stems with metal. I had my rear stem split in half at 70 mph because I didn't listen to the warning.

Old 01-26-2018 | 06:42 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by elPrez
I also have the Garmin caps. Had them for a couple years without anyone running off with them so far. One thing to keep in mind , if you go with the Garmin setup make sure you replace your rubber valve stems with metal. I had my rear stem split in half at 70 mph because I didn't listen to the warning.
Been there, done that! Also avoid using extensions or right-handed extensions on rubber stems, for the same reason.

Old 01-26-2018 | 06:50 AM
elPrez
Stellar HDF Member

Amazing how quickly the air is removed from the tire when that happens
I did get a set of metal T-valves putting the tpsm cap on top and regular cap on the part that sticks out...so much easier to fill them now!

Quick Reply: TPMS Harley