Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Security System Pager II Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 09:57 PM
lenrough
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Security System Pager II Question

Yepper... the "stock" siren don't make it... $89.95 for the Smart Siren II and it works like a champ... btw, when you remove the stock siren it'll alarm for about 1/2 an hour or so before it stops (putting it in your back pocket or wrapping it in a rag mutes it pretty well - learned that just this afternoon ).

Old 02-08-2008, 10:01 PM
MustBBrent
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Did any of you guys install this Smart Siren 2 yourselves? I just bought mine and bought the pager system. Now it's time to get off the couch and put the 'puter and put the thang together.

Old 02-08-2008, 10:10 PM
MCSarge
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 448 Likes on 309 Posts

ORIGINAL: MustBBrent

Did any of you guys install this Smart Siren 2 yourselves? I just bought mine and bought the pager system. Now it's time to get off the couch and put the 'puter and put the thang together.
Piece of cake just pull the right side cover and the ecm mounts with a couple of torx screws. Then pull the mount off the frame and there is a slot behind the ecm and a plug for the siren right there. Slide the siren in the slot and attach the plug to the siren, then reattach the mount and use the supplied velcro to attach the wire to the frame. Took me about 15 to 20 minutes to get it done. Good luck.

By the way thanx for making my 1000th post something more worthwhile than the usual winter drivel. (OK shameless plug for me)

Old 02-09-2008, 11:56 PM
chuckk01
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Installing the smart siren II was the easiest thing i've done to my sg.

Old 02-10-2008, 12:11 AM
MustBBrent
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: MCSarge

ORIGINAL: MustBBrent

Piece of cake just pull the right side cover and the ecm mounts with a couple of torx screws. Then pull the mount off the frame and there is a slot behind the ecm and a plug for the siren right there. Slide the siren in the slot and attach the plug to the siren, then reattach the mount and use the supplied velcro to attach the wire to the frame. Took me about 15 to 20 minutes to get it done. Good luck.

By the way thanx for making my 1000th post something more worthwhile than the usual winter drivel. (OK shameless plug for me)

Anything I can do to help. I am always here.

Old 02-10-2008, 05:44 AM
captjon37
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Easy install, Easy remove. Anyone try to remove it without setting it off?

Old 02-10-2008, 08:12 AM
SoCal_Pappy
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Pager eats Batteries... Always carry a bunch of back-ups any place ya go....

Old 02-10-2008, 08:34 AM
rde
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's an easy install. Actually I found the service manual for 08 Touring bikes had better instructions for the siren install than those that came with the item.
Get the rechargeable pager-it's much better!
As others have noted the range locator LED will stop flashing after a couple hours-that's not clear in the instruction manual with the pager. The pageris still working correctly.
On 08's the siren goes inside the left cover.
Remember to remove the Maxi fuse when you install, replace when your done.

Old 05-09-2008, 10:34 AM
racklefratz
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: rde

It's an easy install. . . . .As others have noted the range locator LED will stop flashing after a couple hours-that's not clear in the instruction manual with the pager.
I did the Smart Siren II/rechargeable pager II install and sync w/bike system yesterday. Page 11 of the manual I got with the pager includes the statement "In order to protect the power supply, the security system will only broadcast the RCS (Range Confirmation Signal) for one hour. The security system will remain armed, and will alert the pager receiver in the event of a trigger if within range." That's not in your manual?

Remember to remove the Maxi fuse when you install, replace when your done.
Nothing in the install instructions I got said anything about that, and I didn't do it. Ignition off, FOB inside Tourpak, plugged the SS II in, synced the pager with the SS II, and off we go. Everything's working perfectly.