Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weird shit after stereo install....

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2018 | 07:37 PM
Smash
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by danzio
I would suggest you go over to the Audio section of the forum. There are some guys over there that have seen it all, and can fix anything. Really.

Not knowing what you've added because you simply stated that you added a "Sony system". Does that include a new amp? Did you just replace the head unit? If you added an amp, or even a high powered HU, you absolutely need to run a dedicated 8 or 10 gauge with inline fuse directly from the battery. You are messing with your bike's electronics if you don't do this.

I'm no M/C audio expert but I did recently put a new high powered amp and Sony HU in my 2007 Ultra and it is running and sounding terrific. But I did alot of research on the Audio forum and got lots of great advice from the boyz over there. Trust me when I tell you that some of them are the best dudes on this Forum.

Just saw you found the problem as I was posting. Glad you found the problem but you should still run a dedicated heavy gauge wire directly from the battery if you've added any power (higher amps) to the system.
Right on man. I just replaced the HU for now . I'll probably do amps and speakers on my next deployment. Then I'll run dedicated lines back to the battery.

Old 01-10-2018 | 07:45 PM
danzio
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Smash
Right on man. I just replaced the HU for now . I'll probably do amps and speakers on my next deployment. Then I'll run dedicated lines back to the battery.
Whatever you do, make sure you spend some time in the Audio section of the forum because I kid you not, those guys are like the Farmer's Insurance commercials. "They know a thing or two, because they've seen a thing or two."

Good luck and enjoy our scoot, whenever you can.

Old 01-10-2018 | 08:05 PM
Smash
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by danzio
Whatever you do, make sure you spend some time in the Audio section of the forum because I kid you not, those guys are like the Farmer's Insurance commercials. "They know a thing or two, because they've seen a thing or two."

Good luck and enjoy our scoot, whenever you can.
Yeah man....I actually posted this in the audio forum too. And I've been talking to Alex from BAL's for around six months in the audio forum. Thanks!

Old 01-10-2018 | 08:09 PM
danzio
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Smash
Yeah man....I actually posted this in the audio forum too. And I've been talking to Alex from BAL's for around six months in the audio forum. Thanks!
Cool Bro, then with Alex, you are in Good Hands. And no I don't work in any way with the auto insurance industry.