Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Warm Weather Waterproof Glove Options

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2018, 07:56 AM
Frank the Real Biker
Road Master
Received 846 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by Notgrownup
If you look on Grainger you can find some black ones but they are truly the only”waterproof “ types... of all the gloves I have bought over the years that said they were waterproof, they weren’t...lol
The blue ones I bought are pretty substantial. They have a cloth lining and the rubber/latex is fairly thick and flexible. I generally don't ride in the rain unless I get caught in it, so they don't get a lot of use. I can't tell you how well they'd hold up under constant exposure to the elements...and I don't want to find out.

Old 01-05-2018, 10:23 AM
SnoRider
Stellar HDF Member
Received 254 Likes on 145 Posts

In the PNW I ride on day trip for 6 to 10 hours in the rain. All my gear is breathable waterproof, so like Gore-Tex or similar (Gore-Tex lost the patent). Those black rubber gloves at Graingers are made for chemical resistance and specifically your probably looking at the ones for concrete. They work obviously, but are stiff rubber and have little dexterity. Then there are the surgical type which you will need to underneath other gloves. The gloves made for dishes are the best for dexterity and abrasion/laceration resistance. But at someone mentioned earlier they develop a funk. I worked for a concrete contractor for 12 years and we would spray those out with anti-funk after every use. One person mentioned that riding in the rain would do the same, but the real culprit is lack of oxygen and increased carbon dioxide inside the glove...no breathability and no air. Plus, with out breathability, after an hour or so you will be just as wet on the inside as the outside. Go with breathable waterproof you will be happy you did, just look at other sports like cycling or any high level activity type sport.

Old 01-05-2018, 11:12 AM
hbsoldier3
Elite HDF Member

Received 797 Likes on 623 Posts

I just got these Sealskinz:
Amazon Amazon

Old 01-05-2018, 11:16 AM
SnoRider
Stellar HDF Member
Received 254 Likes on 145 Posts

Those sealskin look like a great choice.

Old 01-05-2018, 11:28 AM
robvg
Tourer
Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Another option would be kayak/paddling gloves from a sporting goods store like MEC. Not sure is have a style with gauntlets.

Old 01-05-2018, 01:25 PM
rwt
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Well, it seems like the responses are all over the board. I decided to take a chance on a company that I've had good luck with. I've had a Tour Master Transitions 2 jacket and Overpant for years, and am still very satisfied with them. I also have a pair of Tour Master Polar-Tex gauntlet gloves for cold weather, and they've always kept my hands dry. I didn't mention in my original post that I need 3X gloves, which eliminates a bunch of brands immediately. Since Tour Master is accommodating for large/tall sizes and I have a good track record with them, I opted to order a pair of
Tour Master Dri-Mesh Tour Master Dri-Mesh
gloves in 3X. When Spring arrives it'll be interesting to see how these perform. I'll try to remember to post and update.

Old 01-05-2018, 01:40 PM
nobodyknowsme
Banned

Received 14,670 Likes on 6,425 Posts

Fox Creek has some very nice ones that I have been wanting to get. Just had an email from them today 10% off. I can't remember what the code was but if you call them I'm sure they would tell you.

Old 01-05-2018, 04:08 PM
robvg
Tourer
Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by nobodyknowsme
Fox Creek has some very nice ones that I have been wanting to get. Just had an email from them today 10% off. I can't remember what the code was but if you call them I'm sure they would tell you.
Code, I believe, is WINTER10 for the 10% discount.

Old 01-06-2018, 08:23 AM
Ex-Leftcoaster
Banned
Received 106 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by rwt
When Spring arrives it'll be interesting to see how these perform. I'll try to remember to post and update.
Why wait. Just do a leak test and put 'em under running water.

Old 01-06-2018, 08:32 AM
nobodyknowsme
Banned

Received 14,670 Likes on 6,425 Posts

Originally Posted by robvg
Code, I believe, is WINTER10 for the 10% discount.
Pretty sure you are correct and I thought that was it but didn't want to post if not certain. Your memory is better than mine!!

Quick Reply: Warm Weather Waterproof Glove Options