Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Road King--San Jacinto Harley

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2017 | 10:35 PM
Gary1
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by GalvTexGuy
WTF? You have a problem with saving money? I couldn't care less if it's a toy or not, what's wrong with shopping around for the best deal?
He probably got ripped off and has it out for those that got a better deal.

Old 12-30-2017 | 10:58 PM
cowboydoc
Road Warrior
Veteran: Army

Congrats on the new ride. Road Kings are the best!

Post a pic when you get a chance.

As far as the price - it sounds like a fair price, you definitely did not get ripped off. If you are happy, then that is all that matters. On the internet, there will always be someone who could have gotten a better deal.

Old 12-30-2017 | 11:05 PM
17VelRed
Advanced

Thankfully, your down South where the weather is a little more cooperative, as good as it can be in winter. You have a brand new Harley in the garage. I’m all for getting the best deal a person can but the main thing is you will be able to do, whatever it is you may need to make the bike fit you comfortably. Once you get that “dialed in” you’ll be getting into the spring season. Hopefully you won’t have to make a lot of changes, other than the ones you want to make. I bought my 2017 on 23 September. I had no idea, Harley built these bike for an average height of 5’9”. That’s cool, unless your 6’2”, 280lbs. Made me sick to take off new Parts from a new bike to spend another chunk of money to put different new parts on. I hope if you do have to make any changes, you’ll get her set up how you want and will be greeting spring with a new “dialed in” bike with the road wide open for you. When it all come down to it, throwing a leg over that beast and getting lost for as long as a person is allowed. Congratulations on your new ride. May you have only good miles for years to come. Be safe

Old 12-30-2017 | 11:12 PM
Gary1
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by 17VelRed
Thankfully, your down South where the weather is a little more cooperative, as good as it can be in winter. You have a brand new Harley in the garage. I’m all for getting the best deal a person can but the main thing is you will be able to do, whatever it is you may need to make the bike fit you comfortably. Once you get that “dialed in” you’ll be getting into the spring season. Hopefully you won’t have to make a lot of changes, other than the ones you want to make. I bought my 2017 on 23 September. I had no idea, Harley built these bike for an average height of 5’9”. That’s cool, unless your 6’2”, 280lbs. Made me sick to take off new Parts from a new bike to spend another chunk of money to put different new parts on. I hope if you do have to make any changes, you’ll get her set up how you want and will be greeting spring with a new “dialed in” bike with the road wide open for you. When it all come down to it, throwing a leg over that beast and getting lost for as long as a person is allowed. Congratulations on your new ride. May you have only good miles for years to come. Be safe
How do you like that new 107 motor? I saw some stuff online where some people were having problems with it.

Old 12-31-2017 | 01:36 AM
17VelRed
Advanced

I also have seen a lot of people who have stated some issues with the new M8. I don’t generally buy something that is right out of the box brand new. I tend to wait a year or so for all the manufacturers to get all the “bugs” worked out of them. Obviously, I did not do that in this particular instance. However, from what I’ve been able to tell, any issues brought up may have been for the ones that got the bikes when they were very new to the market. Personally, I haven’t had a seconds trouble and have around 5,300 miles since 23 September. There have been a lot of others who have experienced the same. I don’t think you will have any trouble with your bike. They’ve been out on the roads for a whole year now and even longer and any “bug” that was any issue at all would have been corrected by now. Since you have a very early 2018, that is perhaps better then those having purchased an early 2017. Not saying that is the case even with most of them but if there were troubles, they tend to be in the very, very new bikes. I like the 107. I had an S&S super sidewinder in my 2004 BigDog Chopper and it was a good engine. This engine is strong and has a really smooth, low end torque that just keeps going as you role on the throttle. I have no doubts you got a good one with many, many long and great years of riding ahead of you.

Old 12-31-2017 | 07:37 AM
Daytona Fat Boy
Road Warrior

First, congrats on your new RK! Since you brought up the fact you got a great deal, gave the name of the dealer, phone # & salesperson's name, I guess I'm interested in knowing what riteway asked you in the General Harley Davidson Chat section:

What was your trade-in? Miles & condition? What was the cash difference between the selling price of $18280 & whatever they showed you on paper for your trade-in? Don't need to know tax, title, etc as those amounts vary from state to state.
Once again, congratulations and ride safe!

Old 12-31-2017 | 07:39 AM
Gary1
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by 17VelRed
I also have seen a lot of people who have stated some issues with the new M8. I don’t generally buy something that is right out of the box brand new. I tend to wait a year or so for all the manufacturers to get all the “bugs” worked out of them. Obviously, I did not do that in this particular instance. However, from what I’ve been able to tell, any issues brought up may have been for the ones that got the bikes when they were very new to the market. Personally, I haven’t had a seconds trouble and have around 5,300 miles since 23 September. There have been a lot of others who have experienced the same. I don’t think you will have any trouble with your bike. They’ve been out on the roads for a whole year now and even longer and any “bug” that was any issue at all would have been corrected by now. Since you have a very early 2018, that is perhaps better then those having purchased an early 2017. Not saying that is the case even with most of them but if there were troubles, they tend to be in the very, very new bikes. I like the 107. I had an S&S super sidewinder in my 2004 BigDog Chopper and it was a good engine. This engine is strong and has a really smooth, low end torque that just keeps going as you role on the throttle. I have no doubts you got a good one with many, many long and great years of riding ahead of you.
Yeah I think I got a good one and have always bought new and pampered them. I think it comes down to how well you take care of you bike and stay on top of the routine maintenance items. If you take good care of it than it will take good care of you.

Old 12-31-2017 | 07:56 AM
Gary1
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by Daytona Fat Boy
First, congrats on your new RK! Since you brought up the fact you got a great deal, gave the name of the dealer, phone # & salesperson's name, I guess I'm interested in knowing what riteway asked you in the General Harley Davidson Chat section:

What was your trade-in? Miles & condition? What was the cash difference between the selling price of $18280 & whatever they showed you on paper for your trade-in? Don't need to know tax, title, etc as those amounts vary from state to state.
Once again, congratulations and ride safe!
My trade was a Yamaha Bolt 950/2500 miles which was in excellent condition and they gave me 3K for the bike which brought the selling price down to 15,280.00 and from there just taxes and fees....BUT NO FREIGHT/PREP WHICH ADDS $$$$ TO THE DEAL.

Old 12-31-2017 | 09:28 AM
Andreas
Advanced

I think you did well. Shopping around pays off and you can use the savings towards accessories you might want/need. Congratulations on the new bike! Enjoy your new ride and ride safe.

The following users liked this post:
Gary1 (12-31-2017)
Old 12-31-2017 | 10:50 AM
Charger500
Cruiser

Congrats on the new bike, ride safe and enjoy.

The following users liked this post:
Gary1 (12-31-2017)

Quick Reply: New Road King--San Jacinto Harley