Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tour Pack Rack

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2017 | 06:40 PM
varider12$
|
Tourer

sent you a pm can you text me? Thanks

Old 12-12-2017 | 07:18 AM
varider12$
|
Tourer

Still looking for idea's for my 2014 tour pack

Old 12-12-2017 | 09:55 AM
KumaRide
Elite HDF Member

Too funny, just did this yesterday. Used old alum angle stock that I had. No x-bracing needed. I chose this design because when the TP is removed from bike, I am holding it exactly how it slides onto to rack. Same when removing from rack and installing on bike.

Lots of good ideas:

https://www.google.com/search?client....0.nRKUH3f7MqU

Attached Thumbnails Tour Pack Rack-tp-3-2-.jpg   Tour Pack Rack-tp-1.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
oldbie (12-12-2017)
Old 12-12-2017 | 08:19 PM
DanHappy
Seasoned HDF Member

Was in my garage this past weekend straightened up and i still have my tourpack on my shop table taking up space. I needed to clean the table so the bike could sit against the table in front of my car. Above the table is three wood frames that hold long pieces of wood or pipe. All of this could go underneath or stand up in the corner. I was thinking of putting a mount up there and hang it upside down. It would be out of the way and not in my road.

Good winter project! Guess I will start the planning now.

Old 12-13-2017 | 01:49 AM
flylow86
Advanced

I feel my DIY build could potentially be a good option for some of you. I actually need to post a new thread for this alone - for anyone else wanting a storage solution. Of course, all thread or pvc would be an even cheaper option.

Spacing and dimensions attached as well.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Tour Pack Rack.pdf (13.7 KB, 74 views)
The following users liked this post:
JD Holbrook (02-09-2020)
Old 12-13-2017 | 10:49 AM
JMC22
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by flylow86
I feel my DIY build could potentially be a good option for some of you. I actually need to post a new thread for this alone - for anyone else wanting a storage solution. Of course, all thread or pvc would be an even cheaper option.

Spacing and dimensions attached as well.

This is a simple & good idea, thanks for sharing - just a few quick questions:
1) why is the top rod a different OD then the 2 lower two? - I would assume the mounts would be the same
2) why is the spacing between the top & middle longer than the middle & bottom rods? - again, I would think they would be the same
3) I'm assuming the 2' long rods can be shorter in length - like 12"-18" ?

Old 12-13-2017 | 11:01 AM
mikes300
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by JMC22
1) why is the top rod a different OD then the 2 lower two? - I would assume the mounts would be the same
2) why is the spacing between the top & middle longer than the middle & bottom rods? - again, I would think they would be the same
the rods all look the same Dia. to me, I used 1/2" for all of mine.

the spacing is different for the tour pack and the backrest, they do not use the same mounting points.

yes they could easily be shorter, FYI the front backrest mount is wider than the tour pack mounts, not by much though, if my memory is correct I made mine 17" wide, but that was only to hit the 16" on center studs of my garage wall.

Mike

Old 12-13-2017 | 11:11 AM
Magnut1
Grand HDF Member

I don't have pictures but picture this. I took 2 2x4's and screwed them vertically into the wall studs. bought 2 sections of all thread and drilled horizontally into the 2x4's and slid the all thread through, secured with nuts. taped up the thread where the mount would touch and hung it like the amber whisky one above

Old 12-13-2017 | 12:41 PM
flylow86
Advanced

Originally Posted by JMC22
1. The way it is setup, the clip side of the sissybar will not fit over the 5/8". It may just be a distance/clearance issue compared to how the bike mounts are.
2. The sissy bar connects to the bike using the 2 front mounts (front being on the shocks). Tour pack uses 2 rear mounts which is approx. 1/2-3/4" difference.
3. Tour pak needs at least 12" and sissy bar needs about 16". 18" all around would work well.

Keep in mind, there's not much clearance between the sissybar/tourpack and the wall once you have them mounted (using 2x4). Ideally, something a little thicker than a 2x4 would be best.

Old 12-13-2017 | 07:15 PM
KumaRide
Elite HDF Member

One member used hooks and mounted them on each side of the wall studs facing each other. The TP detach mount would actually sit inside the stud cavity a little bit. Hard to explain but also cheap and easy. If you searched you may find it. If my garage was not rocked I may have gone that direction.

Quick Reply: Tour Pack Rack