Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tilting Motor Works on a Harley?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2017 | 05:00 AM
tj316
Stellar HDF Member

my buddy had it installed on his Electra Glide. He had a dealer in North Carolina do it. He lives in Orlando close to you. He loves it, he says it rides just like a two wheel motorcycle but much more stable.

Old 12-09-2017 | 07:51 AM
Just Me
Road Warrior

I inquired about it and when they said $16,500 and a week at their Washington state building I pretty much left it at that.
I like the idea it still rides mostly like a regular bike. IMO it is extremely ugly and appears that nose would block a lot of air?
My next one will be a CanAm Spyder RT limited most likely. 115 H.P. 100# TQ fully liquid cooled and ride like a dream.

Old 12-09-2017 | 08:42 AM
Brewmany
Elite HDF Member

For $16,500 if I had to make the decision I guess I'd be more likely to sell the Harley and use that money to buy a CanAm Spyder, and they don't come in a whole lot more then the cost of this front end kit. At least they are purpose made vs a very expensive conversion.

Old 12-09-2017 | 09:04 AM
nobodyknowsme
Banned
Veteran: Air Force

Sometime within the last year I came across a YouTube video comparison to include this along with other 3 wheeled bikes. This one came way out on top and as near as I could tell the judging was completely unbiased. Actually looked like a fun bike to ride and if I was in need of assistance and money was not an issue I would be all over it. Conversely a nice alternative would be Leg Up Landing Gear, considerably cheaper. Near as I can tell it is possible to be adapted to most bikes. As a bonus they are located in Florida.

https://landingear.com/models.php

Old 12-09-2017 | 08:38 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Roadie09
Harley Davidson had a patent on just such a design, I am sure the concept would work.

https://thekneeslider.com/harley-dav...t-application/
they had two of them on display at the harley museum when i was there. pretty cool actually.

Attached Thumbnails Tilting Motor Works on a Harley?-img_0030.jpg  
Old 12-09-2017 | 11:36 PM
DAVENRINO
Road Master

IMHO the landing gear option seems far superior and a LOT less $$. I will probably go that route when the time comes. It will very likely be on my current bike which I think may be my last.

Old 12-10-2017 | 07:26 AM
Vernal
Club Member
Riders Club Member

If money is not a problem and three wheels is what you want this looks fun.

Old 12-10-2017 | 09:22 AM
itsmf
Tourer

there are no tmw dealers in n.c.

Old 12-13-2017 | 07:06 AM
tommytailspin
Advanced

Originally Posted by roysclockgun
Good evening group,
I am considering this conversion for my HD.

http://www.tiltingmotorworks.com/

At age 75 I am enjoying my motorcycle, as does my lady. However, I can feel that the time is coming where the weight of the bike and two up is going to cause me problems at very low speeds and/or stopping and starting.

I do not want a traditional trike. No flames. Everyone should ride what they like.

The tilting three wheeler appears to be the answer for me. However, they have not been around long enough to have many critiques.

Has anyone experienced one of these on the road?

Best,
Steven A,
the landing gear btsom mentioned are difinitely in my future, i'm 70 so have a few years left. the website is "leg up landing gear". computer controled down to 7mph and retract above that. they don't look bad and the price is 3500 dollars. check em out.

Old 12-13-2017 | 10:32 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Cool

The leaning three-wheel concept is common amongst the scooter industry here in Europe, with Piaggio and Peuguot both making them, so it is a well tried approach to providing a supposedly stable 'bike'. A pal of mine has had one for several years, but beware! He HAS come off the darned thing, tipping it over by going too fast into a tight bend! And he's in his 70s.....

Quick Reply: Tilting Motor Works on a Harley?