Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cruel

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2017, 04:34 PM
DaveNBPT
Road Master
Received 80 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by White Ice
Love that solution, Now if that could only be my reality! 🙂

Old 12-03-2017, 04:46 PM
foxtrapper
HDF Community Team
Veteran: National GuardVeteran: Navy
Received 1,664 Likes on 1,084 Posts

Originally Posted by svarnster
I don't miss it we have family in northern ky. been there and done all of that but wouldn't want to be stuck there more than a week or 2., but by all means you enjoy it.
I was trying to be tongue in cheek, but missed the mark. Sorry about that.

Old 12-03-2017, 05:37 PM
Hate Work
Road Warrior
Received 158 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by GriffinDenim13FLHX
Really, Shorts? Some flip-flops in there too somewhere? Maybe a tank-top as well?
I gave up shorts (OP) and flips flops (Birenstock-Before they were cool) when my neural network finally connected in my late 20's. Back when Maryland didn't have a helmet law, I'd bitch as I would get a sunburn riding to O.C. on my forehead..... Them were da days! But I can't wait to get back down to the Tampa Bay area permanently again, so I too, can ride year 'round. Just as long as I ride after 5PM, when the senile cagers are done eating and are getting ready to go to bed!

Old 12-04-2017, 03:19 AM
Tarkus60
Road Warrior

Received 305 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by svarnster
If I dressed in full leathers for fear of wrecking every time I ride I would be a nervous wreck and would sell the bikes and boats, sit in my recliner with a pistol in 1 hand and the remote in the other. Never leaving the house. I ride in shorts, with decent foot attire. I have been down like 6 times and while the leather helped on 2 occasions. it did not prevent the broken bones which hurt way worse than any road rash. just me. but that's a debate for another thread.
amen....

Old 12-04-2017, 07:12 AM
Just Me
Road Warrior
Received 91 Likes on 77 Posts

You can only "ride" so much. I have rode day trips on every paved road in a 50 mile radius so many times that even when its nice out I pass a lot of the time. You have to have a goal not just ride aimlessly up and down the road day in and day out.
Thank God for winter and all the beauty it brings, it really breaks up the boredom for me.

Old 12-04-2017, 07:30 AM
oldbuck
Road Captain
Received 351 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by Cygnusx51
HA! I like my winter activities just as much as riding in the summer. That’s the key to enjoying it all. Everyone from the southern states always say how they couldn’t live where there’s snow, and a lot of people from the north always say they want to get the hell away from it. Me? I’m bitching because it’s not cold enough to make good ice on the lakes for fishing! With the temps we’re having now, it’ll be another year gone with no good ice since the water temps are still way too warm.

I also hunt small game all winter, ski, hike, and honestly don’t mind shoveling the driveway and sidewalks since I don’t have to mow the lawn every 4 days!

As a side note, the Bills and Sabres are all hacks. I watch the Bills for entertainment to see how bad they can mess up their season. The Sabres...I can’t even stomach watching them.
Yeah I love the snow also, except around here one half inch of snow and they dump an inch of nasty sand and salt and plow up and down the roads all day a night scraping up the asphalt!

Old 12-04-2017, 07:40 AM
MAJ Ethanolic
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I was looking at a "winter" jacket and deciding between a vest vs just sticking with a cut off shirt. After 10 years in the northeast it's good to be riding in the southwest.

Old 12-04-2017, 09:00 AM
skydude426
Club Member
Received 389 Likes on 225 Posts

I've come to dislike winter. Not so much because I can't ride. It's because my job has me driving and working in it a lot, and the lack of day light. It's the winter diving that's the worst. I also spend so much time at work that I've given up ice fishing and hunting. I'm not complaining mind you, it's a choice I've made to have this job.

What I like about riding is I can take off from my home and just ride without having to drive a hundred miles or be gone more from home over night to do it.

I've also come to enjoy wrenching on and improving our Harley's almost as much as riding. This works out great in the winter months when a bike can be out of commission for and extended time. I built a 15 foot addition on the back of the garage that is my heated and air conditioned shop and bike storage. Last winter my wife's bike got a new paint job and make over. This year mine gets a big bore.

Sent from my iPad using IB AutoGroup

Old 12-04-2017, 01:12 PM
Buck05
Road Captain
Received 96 Likes on 86 Posts

I can feel the knife twisting . . . This morning (in SW Colorado) we had a balmy 14 degrees; but the good news is we're expecting a high of 31 degrees. Swapping out the bike for a pair of mukluks.

Old 12-04-2017, 11:26 PM
svarnster
Road Warrior
Received 301 Likes on 245 Posts

Originally Posted by Buck05
I can feel the knife twisting . . . This morning (in SW Colorado) we had a balmy 14 degrees; but the good news is we're expecting a high of 31 degrees. Swapping out the bike for a pair of mukluks.
oooh dang I hate to hear it. That's chilly. 73 here today but We are supposed to get down in the forties this weekend. I will be bundled up sat morning. we are going duck hunting.

Last edited by svarnster; 12-04-2017 at 11:28 PM.

Quick Reply: cruel