Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cruel

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2017, 12:05 PM
Bone Doc
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,870 Likes on 4,114 Posts

I'm in Texas and I winterize my bike.

I add a bit more Seafoam to the fuel and check my tire pressure more often. The other benefit... no bugs.

Old 12-02-2017, 02:19 PM
Cygnusx51
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,649 Likes on 1,077 Posts

I’m glad you get it Ron! That’s the thing people don’t get. I make the most of my winters and I’m outside doing stuff almost as much as I am in the summer so it doesn’t bother me at all. Don’t get me wrong, by mid February, I’m ready for spring, but I don’t hate winter one bit.

There’s a house about 15 minutes from me that builds a huge ice rink out in their front lawn. The whole neighborhood of kids go there to play hockey and skate at night after school. The light setup the guy puts up each year is pretty sweet.

Old 12-02-2017, 11:35 PM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,810 Likes on 4,203 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeBel
But I remember the 27 winters in Rochester, NY so I feel for all of you in the Great White North areas.
You did better than me.... I only did 21 winters in Rochester before I headed to SoCal.....

I road my Heritage today, but unlike the OP, I never wear shorts on my motorcycles...

Old 12-03-2017, 12:17 AM
Bone Doc
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,870 Likes on 4,114 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeBel
Got in 120 miles yesterday to clear my head; temps around 65. But I remember the 27 winters in Rochester, NY so I feel for all of you in the Great White North areas.

Stay strong and drink heavily. Spring is coming!
Originally Posted by hattitude
You did better than me.... I only did 21 winters in Rochester before I headed to SoCal.....

I road my Heritage today, but unlike the OP, I never wear shorts on my motorcycles...
Man, you guys really stuck it out. I did 8 winters in Ithaca and that was enough for me. I headed south after that. I love upstate NY. Just not in the winter.

Old 12-03-2017, 01:38 AM
DinoM
Tourer
Received 69 Likes on 39 Posts

I lived in So Cal for about 8 years so I know how nice it is to be able to ride all year round. I have since moved back to New Hampshire and although it sucks having to put the bike away for the winter, I do appreciate all the other winter activities we get to do around here.

Old 12-03-2017, 09:03 AM
foxtrapper
HDF Community Team

Received 1,420 Likes on 934 Posts

Originally Posted by svarnster
December 1st and was riding today in shorts. 75 degrees.
Wow, to never know the fun of riding a snowmobile, or sledding. To never hit the ski slopes or to experience cuddling up with a snow bunny afterwards in front of a warm fire. To never hear the silence of the woods as snow falls. To never make snow angels with your kid.

You're right, it is cruel. And I pity you for how much you miss.

Old 12-03-2017, 09:11 AM
svarnster
Road Warrior
Received 300 Likes on 245 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveNBPT
Rub it in why don’t you! I’m not a fan of cold, winter, snow and certainly not a fan of winterizing my bikes. Not in any position to skip town either. I rode through coastal GA/SC/NC back to MA a couple of months back. Would’ve loved to have hung my hat in Charleston!
that's about an hour north of me by land

Old 12-03-2017, 09:19 AM
svarnster
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by nobodyknowsme
I ride year round as well but don't go busting others chops about it. Well, not on purpose...

Oh yeah, shorts? STOOPID but JMO.
If I dressed in full leathers for fear of wrecking every time I ride I would be a nervous wreck and would sell the bikes and boats, sit in my recliner with a pistol in 1 hand and the remote in the other. Never leaving the house. I ride in shorts, with decent foot attire. I have been down like 6 times and while the leather helped on 2 occasions. it did not prevent the broken bones which hurt way worse than any road rash. just me. but that's a debate for another thread.

Last edited by svarnster; 12-03-2017 at 09:31 AM.
Old 12-03-2017, 09:31 AM
svarnster
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by foxtrapper
Wow, to never know the fun of riding a snowmobile, or sledding. To never hit the ski slopes or to experience cuddling up with a snow bunny afterwards in front of a warm fire. To never hear the silence of the woods as snow falls. To never make snow angels with your kid.

You're right, it is cruel. And I pity you for how much you miss.
I don't miss it we have family in northern ky. been there and done all of that but wouldn't want to be stuck there more than a week or 2., but by all means you enjoy it.

Old 12-03-2017, 11:26 AM
White Ice
Stellar HDF Member
Received 417 Likes on 189 Posts

Quick Reply: cruel