Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Beat in your bags

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 11:57 PM
Bobberino
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Beat in your bags

I was considering puttin some speakers in my hard bags to help out in the music dept while on the freeway. I already replaced the stock speakers in my street glide to 2 ohm infinity's and they sound way better. The only problem is I have to put it all the way up just about to hear it ok decent on the freeway. So Ive been lookin, searchin, etc for something to install in my bags. Ive looked at hawg tunes and its a fine company. However I know I can find an amp with the same amount of power like the hawg wired with half the price. Only thing is space. The other concern I have is the power to run an amp. Has anyone have trouble using a 200-300 watt amp with 6x9's and drainbing the battery. Anyone can help wpould be great!!!!

Old 06-16-2007, 12:04 AM
crazybastid83
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Beat in your bags

deleted

Old 06-16-2007, 01:33 AM
Bobberino
Road Master

I guess no one????

Old 06-16-2007, 02:47 AM
bluehwytn
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Biketronics has a new amp on their website, I'd check it out.... www.biketronics.com

Later,
Scott

Old 06-16-2007, 02:51 AM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 321 Likes on 197 Posts

I think the Hawg Wired set-up is pretty slick. I know it's a little on the hi side for price, but it was designed for this application and everyone I have talked to raves about it. There was a guy with a RG at the dealership last weekend that said he had one. I asked him because when he road in, the tunes were cranking and actually sounded pretty good. I could tell it wasn't the factory system.

I couldn't stand taking up space in the bags for tunes. I think it would limit your travel options and you would ultimately be frustrated with it.

Old 06-16-2007, 03:32 AM
kingtut73
Cruiser

i have pioneer 3way 6x9s in my bags . 2 pair sound better. but I went withone set. it adds rear fill. i have mb quart speakers up front and a eclipse amp tucked awayin the front fairing.
i wish i had a aftermarket radio so i cant fade but its no biggie.if space is not a issue go for it. i opted for the two speakers.i still havemy tool kit extra clothes h20 etc...the key is keeping a battery tender on your bike when parked at home with the bigger amps. ill post pics later.

Old 06-16-2007, 06:35 PM
lkr0
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

you can do it----I have four (4) 6x9 --- 2 in each bag --- 300 watt four channel mtx amp --- mBquart 5.25 in the fairing, Kenwood 6.5 in the tourpak---this is very common set up for ATL and CALI---If you are not too concerned with space you can do all of this including install for $600 or less. I would suggest you get the mtx 500 watt 4 channel amp becuase it comes with an internal fan

check with you local audio shops they can do the install---when you put the speakers in the bag put them in facing the wheel---you will get an excellent bass response---I will post pictures when wife comes home --- I will also send you pictures of my brother's bike he has the same set up on his Ultra

send me a pm with your email address I'll send you pictures.

Old 06-19-2007, 01:13 AM
Bobberino
Road Master

If you can send me pics of your stereo setup itll help me out. My address is rabi170@hotmail.com

Old 06-19-2007, 01:19 AM
BigJess510
Cruiser

I would like to see the pictures also. Laney779@gmail.com

Old 06-19-2007, 01:40 AM
RandyNC
Tourer

I was curious if you have to drill holes in the bags so to let the sound out better...?

Quick Reply: Beat in your bags