Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Beat in your bags

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 06:04 PM
Dago_RoadKing
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Beat in your bags

ORIGINAL: lkr0

[/align]

[blockquote]sent u an email
ORIGINAL: BigJess510

I would like to see the pictures also. Laney779@gmail.com
[/blockquote]
Can you send me an email of your setup also jloggins at gmail.com. This is also my next mod, most likely this weekend.

Old 06-22-2007, 08:49 PM
lkr0
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

[/align]
[blockquote]u got mail
ORIGINAL: Dago_RoadKing

ORIGINAL: lkr0

[/align]

[blockquote]sent u an email
ORIGINAL: BigJess510

I would like to see the pictures also. Laney779@gmail.com
[/blockquote]
Can you send me an email of your setup also jloggins at gmail.com. This is also my next mod, most likely this weekend.
[/blockquote]

Old 06-22-2007, 11:20 PM
bdjhog
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Perhaps someone can explaine to me why you have the speakers facing in towards the wheel? How can you possibly get good sound from that configuration?

Old 06-23-2007, 12:32 AM
BigJess510
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: bdjhog

Perhaps someone can explaine to me why you have the speakers facing in towards the wheel? How can you possibly get good sound from that configuration?
I honestly couldnt tell you why but it does Produce some good sound. As stated by Ikr0 this is a pretty popular setup in the San Francisco Bay area and you can hear the Music a good block away with this setup

Old 06-23-2007, 12:39 AM
kingtut73
Cruiser

yep! thats how its done in the BAY and it sounds great. some people put them in front of the bags. but when your blasting music down the street and the Leos are looking for noise pollution, where does it come from? you cant see the speakers
you just turn the volume down.
sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt.

Old 06-24-2007, 04:31 PM
Bobberino
Road Master

Thanks man. Yeah I already talked to them and I think Im gonna get it done. I'm actually thinking of doing all the work myself. Ive heard the kicker 6x9's rock in the bags as well as the pioneer 3 way. I might go for quality and go with mb quart. Anythings possible right now though. My set up as of right now is infinity 2ohm speakers I found at Best Buy. They sound way better than the speakers the ones thebike came with. I thought thats all I was gonna do, but its not good enough goin 80-90 on the freeway let alone my thunderheader pipes.

Old 06-24-2007, 04:37 PM
Bobberino
Road Master

Bigzed, I know what you mean by space. Believe me I like my bags too, since I carry all kinds of stuff when I ride it to work. I was lookin at a buddies RK he had put 6x9's and an amp. The 6x9;s werent too bad, but the amp was kinda big. Like I said I looked at Hawg Wired and dug there set up, but way too pricey. But if I ever do decide to go on that long haul, Im gonna pick up the chop top rear box.

Old 06-24-2007, 04:43 PM
kingtut73
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: Bobberino

Thanks man. Yeah I already talked to them and I think Im gonna get it done. I'm actually thinking of doing all the work myself. Ive heard the kicker 6x9's rock in the bags as well as the pioneer 3 way. I might go for quality and go with mb quart. Anythings possible right now though. My set up as of right now is infinity 2ohm speakers I found at Best Buy. They sound way better than the speakers the ones thebike came with. I thought thats all I was gonna do, but its not good enough goin 80-90 on the freeway let alone my thunderheader pipes.
where are you gonna get it done? the mb quart 6x9s in the bags my not give you the sound you want (too bright). pioneer,jl audioor kicker will give you the mid bass. the infinitys in the front will give you all the highs you need. thats why so many guys do 4 6x9s in the bags for mid bass. i listen to all types of music its good to hear all the instruments. ive even blasted classical to freak people out. a guy on a harley listening to classicalwhoa! get the eclipse amp its small and it fits in the right side of the fairing.

Old 07-03-2007, 10:27 PM
son7771
Cruiser

Well i made the jump and put a set of speakers in my bags!!!! First I got rid of the 4.5 inch speakers in front and cramed a couple of 6 inch kickers for some quality sound up front!! I then went with a couple of polk 6.5 (These are marine grade also)in the bags as I wanted some good base without sacrificing to much space. I also cut the speaker hole out and mounted it on the outside and that saved a ton of room inside as well. I have some better wiring to do and find the best place to put the connectors but all in all it was a simple convert!! And talk aboyt sounding nice wow what a difference it makes I can now play tunes on the bike like the were meant to be heard!!! I have a clarion head unit so I have the fader and I just love this setup I may ad a amp later on but I want to find the smallest 4 way one they make so I can mount in the fairing. Thanks for the great post I am so glad I can listen to tunes on the highway agian and with some thump to boot!!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/26403/81648AA859094D84BBBE05019A1CE0A9.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/26403/81D4010E58F547C9A7C14EDB2A517462.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-03-2007, 10:29 PM
son7771
Cruiser

Here is another from outside at a angle

[IMG]local://upfiles/26403/2CAB8F8B7DDA47338E4333FBFBCAA6B7.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Beat in your bags