Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Music on a Road King

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2017, 09:16 AM
Evilgrimace
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Music on a Road King

Bought an '07 Road King...LOVE IT! But, I'm envious of baggers with fairings and their music!

I've seen what HD has with the handle bar speakers and amp...been told the quality of the tunes is crappy at road speeds/volume levels...

Love to hear your suggestions short of "buy another bike" or "put a fairing on it"

I found a windshield mount stereo at J&P cycles called a Reckless Rock Hoodz for $500

https://www.jpcycles.com/product/164...YaAr0nEALw_wcB

Anyone have any first or second knowledge about this stereo? I don't want it to look ghetto and take away from the great look our bike has and I don't want crappy sounding music either.

Thx!

Old 11-24-2017, 09:24 AM
mark681137
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

iphone 6 plus, max memory available, rokform phone holder, sena 20s. I have access to 16,000 songs plus audiobooks stored on my iphone and fm radio. I had the handlebar remote control but its not that convenient.
My sound is outstanding, plenty loud and I'm plenty deaf. Speakers mounted in my bell half shell.
I don't want all that stuff on my road king, windshield yes, fairing no.

Old 11-24-2017, 09:24 AM
TORQUEY
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 175 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Evilgrimace
Bought an '07 Road King...LOVE IT! But, I'm envious of baggers with fairings and their music!

I've seen what HD has with the handle bar speakers and amp...been told the quality of the tunes is crappy at road speeds/volume levels...

Love to hear your suggestions short of "buy another bike" or "put a fairing on it"

I found a windshield mount stereo at J&P cycles called a Reckless Rock Hoodz for $500

https://www.jpcycles.com/product/164...YaAr0nEALw_wcB

Anyone have any first or second knowledge about this stereo? I don't want it to look ghetto and take away from the great look our bike has and I don't want crappy sounding music either.

Thx!
Welcome to the Forum. Regarding the tunes, to each his own. I had a '13 Road Glide that I enjoyed, yet the radio display went out about 10 minutes after the warranty expired. At best the sound was mediocre and annoyed my unintended audiences at stop lights and such. Sound was marginal at a stop and virtually unintelligible at speed. Now I use my smart phone's Pandora or other digital source (since radio programming in my area is DREADFUL) and I have a Sena 20 on my helmet. The sound is clean and clear but not perfect. I have not mounted yet but purchased helmet speakers from J&M that are reportedly superb. I will never go back to muscling around a fairing full of poor audio equipment OR spending $2K on a good set up. Just me.

Old 11-24-2017, 09:32 AM
Captain Itch
Sponsor
Received 616 Likes on 332 Posts

I run a GPS with XM and earbuds .. Best sound going ..

Old 11-24-2017, 10:12 AM
Evilgrimace
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No doubt ear buds is the best sound going, I️ have some high quality buds, love em! But they don’t allow me to communicate with my lady...

Old 11-24-2017, 11:35 AM
MotoJockey
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 3,273 Likes on 1,342 Posts

LG Tone Earbuds and Spotify on my phone. All the songs I could ever want, no matter what mood, great sound quality, and it blocks out some of the wind noise and valve train ticking. They will also read out a text message to you in your ear while you're riding. AND......you don't have to **** of everyone in town as you ride through with you speakers blasting.

Old 11-24-2017, 02:44 PM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,661 Likes on 2,538 Posts

" But, I'm envious of baggers with fairings and their music!"

Why? I ain't. Just more crapadoola to malfunction, and the sweet music of my pipes is all I need.
I would keep your RoadKing a REAL bike without all that electronic foofaraw.

Old 11-24-2017, 03:07 PM
JonnyVegas
Cruiser
Received 52 Likes on 29 Posts

earbuds are gonna be your best bet.

I personally dont run them but on longer rides listining to some tunes is great. I ended up throwing a sound system on the bike and im pretty happy with it.

Saddlebag speakers with some speaker pods hanging on my crash bar hooked up to a bluetooth amp that gives me control over the tunes playing from my iphone.

theres plenty of loud road kings out there, maybe not very many on this site though. Depends on much you want to spend what type of looks you want and what youre willing to compromise.

You can get some good sound, but the fairing will almost always sound better.

Old 11-24-2017, 03:12 PM
TriGeezer
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 30,881 Likes on 11,605 Posts

Originally Posted by mark681137
iphone 6 plus, max memory available, rokform phone holder, sena 20s. I have access to 16,000 songs plus audiobooks stored on my iphone and fm radio. I had the handlebar remote control but its not that convenient.
My sound is outstanding, plenty loud and I'm plenty deaf. Speakers mounted in my bell half shell.
I don't want all that stuff on my road king, windshield yes, fairing no.

Mount my iPhone on handkbars with Ram, then can use navigation. Like not have wires going to my helmet, nor the clutter of speakers. But, f you must have speakers, my dealer has on display Kurycrapn and they sound pretty good.

Old 11-24-2017, 03:50 PM
fabricater
Cruiser
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I have done music about every way on goldwing. I have found Bluetooth to headsets works the best on my wing and my ultra. I play music from my phone and Bluetooth it to sena 20s headsets. This is the best combo I have found

Quick Reply: Music on a Road King