Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

installed PC III and SEII pipes

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 11:07 PM
coldmcrider
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default installed PC III and SEII pipes

Well I tried the street legal SE pipes, SEAC and download for 6000 miles on my 07 Ultra. While the pipessounded better than stock, they just were'nt quite loud enough for my tastes. After reading all the controversy on recent PC III problems, I decided to take a chance and ordered one from Jamie at Fuelmoto.

Installation of the PC III and the O2 sensor eliminatorswas a very simple 15 minute job.

Getting the right pipe off was quick and easy. Getting the left pipe off took about 90 minutes of spraying, twisting, pulling, swearing, banging, and some more twisting, pulling and swearing. Installing the SEII pipes was quick. I put some anti-sieze lubricant in the inlet pipe and they slipped right on. My forearms are killing me today, but it was well worth it.

Went for a 200 mile test ride today and I couldn't be happier. The bike runs really great now. No stumble, no pinging, less heat and a really great sound. I love it, and I got 44 miles to a gallon on mostly open back road riding.

If you are contemplating this upgrade, I say don't wait any longer. Add me to the list of satisfied PC III customers

Old 06-15-2007, 11:29 PM
t777jb
Novice
Default RE: installed PC III and SEII pipes

I got my Rush 1.75 pipes, the PCIII and the K & N filter today from fuelmoto and I got everything on the bike tonight, but parental responsibilities prevent me from taking it out for a test ride. I didn't read anything beyond the basic installation instructions for the PCIII. Is there anything more to do or is it ready and mapped by Jamie? I did start it and the Rush pipes do sound much better than stock...but I must say my neighbors old Fat Boy with the SEII pipes might still be a deeper rumble. Maybe next year I will try the some bigger baffles.

Old 06-15-2007, 11:46 PM
coldmcrider
Cruiser

Since it sounds like you bought it as a package from Jamie, I'm sure he probably pre-loaded the map you need. The only other thing you might want to do is reset your throttle position value. Very easy. There is a tutorial at http://www.fuelmotousa.com/under the link

Old 06-16-2007, 12:30 AM
Gunkholes
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got the SuperTrapp/PC-3/K&N combo from Jamie. The pipes are less than 3dB louder, but sound much better than stock. I also had the same experience -- the right muffler slipped right off; the left one took a lot of "help". I only had around 100 miles on the stock mufflers. Both new ones went on easily, though. It's a nice upgrade.

Old 06-16-2007, 10:39 AM
cogener8
Road Captain

I talked to my dealer yesterday and was told any mods that take the bike outside the boundries set by the o2 sensors would result in the warranty being void. He put SERT and V&H pipes on his Road Glide and said even at his cost he didnt think it was worth the bucks. The performance on my 07 RKC is ok as it is so im not taking a chance on warranty issues. When the two years are up I'll change then.

Old 06-16-2007, 10:46 AM
Puzzled
Banned

cogener8 here is some informative reading.
http://www.sema.org/main/semaorghome.aspx?ID=50096

Old 06-16-2007, 11:11 AM
drocken
Cruiser

Keep an I on the left side pipe. (looking at the bike from the back) because it will work loose. But once you retighten it it will stay tight. Mine came loose on my 05 RoadKing and my 07 Ultra after changing to the screaming eagle slipons.

Old 06-16-2007, 12:31 PM
cogener8
Road Captain

Thanks to puzzled for the info. My only worry about that is all the hassle. Jeez you could go a whole summer fighting over warranty or not. In the mean time you either pay out of pocket or dont ride. In my experience once ya pay out of pocket they are really reluctant to cover. Experience being with a wide range of products and NOT HD.

Old 06-18-2007, 02:16 PM
redneckremi
Cruiser

This was very informative. I got a SE A/C kit and SERT (the stealer gave the wife 25% off for father's day) for father's day (already had the SEII pipes siting in the garage). So after I do all of this, I should check the left side and make sure it is tightened? Thanks for the info. Remi