Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Performance baggers

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2020 | 09:19 AM
BigMike67
Cruiser

Finally got the Super G tuned right. and did a few practice launches, this 120 wants to go man lol my fat *** is the only thing holding it back lol

The following users liked this post:
gartec81 (07-12-2020)
Old 07-12-2020 | 11:27 AM
crtman21
Road Captain

Originally Posted by gartec81

@gartec81 what you working on?

Old 07-12-2020 | 02:07 PM
gartec81
|
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by BigMike67

Finally got the Super G tuned right. and did a few practice launches, this 120 wants to go man lol my fat *** is the only thing holding it back lol
Strong carolina blue paint job. Carbed 120ci" gotta be a blast to ride

Old 07-12-2020 | 02:11 PM
gartec81
|
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by crtman21
@gartec81 what you working on?

Swapping to imzz 14" dive bars
Internally wiring bars
Gauge relocation
Wire extensions
New turn signals
Paint front fairing
Clean up wires to look proper for nacelle removal

Then to harley to flash bcm, go keyless and remove ignition switch, also get the clutch warrant work done

Left on the list from there is complete the mids conversion, carbon front fender, cam swap, chain drive and paint the tank

Last edited by gartec81; 07-12-2020 at 02:13 PM.
Puglia10 (07-13-2020)
Old 07-12-2020 | 10:13 PM
BigMike67
Cruiser

Strong carolina blue paint job. Carbed 120ci" gotta be a blast to ride
Ford Grabber blue... yup it's a blast, i was surprised when i dumped the clutch and the tire spun and lifted the front with me on it.

The following 2 users liked this post by BigMike67:
dave the welder (08-01-2020), gartec81 (07-13-2020)
Old 07-13-2020 | 01:06 AM
crtman21
Road Captain

Swapping to imzz 14" dive bars
Internally wiring bars
Gauge relocation
Wire extensions
New turn signals
Paint front fairing
Clean up wires to look proper for nacelle removal

Then to harley to flash bcm, go keyless and remove ignition switch, also get the clutch warrant work done

Left on the list from there is complete the mids conversion, carbon front fender, cam swap, chain drive and paint the tank
I need to take mine to have the BCM flashed. I LOVE MY DIVE BARS! How are you planning on cleaning up the wiring? I wanted to do a chain drive. But I think I'm going to wait until I do the engine work this winter.

Old 07-13-2020 | 11:05 AM
Puglia10
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Zakk13
I have a 2018 RKS. Looking to reduce weight and also looking to possibly go the performance bagger route instead of trading my bike in for a new Softail. Id rather keep it. But the roads where i live are Nothing but twisties.

What are the top things you guys recommend changing to drop a bunch of weight? Im thinking the stock exhaust for example has got to be pretty heavy. How much ligher are the 2 in 1 exhaust systems? Also I know Lithium batteries are much lighter just don't know if I want to go that route.
I honestly don't think there's a ton of weight to shed without spending some serious money. The biggest improvement would be carbon fiber wheels because that's unsprung weight.
3 pounds off the wheels is way bigger than 3 pounds off the exhaust.
But for smaller stuff and depending what you want to spend, they make carbon fiber everything now...fenders, bags, fairing....they look awesome but I honestly dont think youd notice the difference....do you notice a difference with your bags full vs empty, or your gas tank? I don't.

If it were me and my money, I'd immediately upgrade the suspension and decide from there. 13-14" quality shocks will change the ride in a big way.
Better rotors cant hurt, cam and pipe will wake it up a lot. Thats my next move.
Coming from a dyna and FXR, these big bikes are actually not bad at all in the twisties. Some raised floorboards, sticky tires, chassis stabilizer, etc etc etc....depends how far you want to go $$$$.

dave the welder (08-01-2020)
Old 07-13-2020 | 01:46 PM
crtman21
Road Captain

Originally Posted by marvincbr
Where did you get the rebuild kit from? HD? I am waiting for an Ohlins set (front and rear) to arrive and have looked around a little bit for the rebuild kit, but not sure about the right one.
@marvincbr fyi...my fork rebuild kit came in today and needless to say, I'm pissed. The ****in guy told me it was for both forks and I open the box and its only for one side. So...IF/when you buy this kit regardless of who you buy it from be sure it includes two of each pieces.

Old 07-13-2020 | 01:53 PM
multihdrdr
Club Member
Riders Club Member

Originally Posted by crtman21
@marvincbr fyi...my fork rebuild kit came in today and needless to say, I'm pissed. The ****in guy told me it was for both forks and I open the box and its only for one side. So...IF/when you buy this kit regardless of who you buy it from be sure it includes two of each pieces.
Well, I saw that coming unfotunately ... harley doesn't sell them like that. Now you"ve paid more than List Price for that one kit.

This could work out for you though. If you have your message communications you can claiim "not as described" and get it for free or mayba a substantial discount

Last edited by multihdrdr; 07-13-2020 at 01:59 PM.
Old 07-13-2020 | 01:58 PM
crtman21
Road Captain

Originally Posted by multihdrdr
Well, I saw that coming unfotunately ... harley doesn't sell them like that

and I should've known when I asked the dealer if they were sold as a pair or separately. But when the guy on ebay tell you something you assume he knows wtf he's talking about. I guess not. You know what assume means? Hahaha

Quick Reply: Performance baggers