Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Performance baggers

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2020 | 11:23 PM
speedkills66
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Puglia10
.... 12” FXR division motorwitch bars with solid riser bushings (Basically tbar feel without messing with gauges) ...

Couple questions about these bars - When you installed these bars did your clutch side perches, switches. grip all fit as expected?
Mine do not. The left side grip is hanging off the bar end about 1/2" and its super noticeable because I typically use stock grips and the left has no kind of structural support, so its like just empty rubber hanging off the end. If I push the grip all the way on there is no room to mount the clutch master.
I've installed countless bar sets and have never run into this before. Its like the left side is too short compared to the throttle side which fit perfectly.

What grips are you using? Is left grip somewhat rigid?

I'm about to give up and pull these bars off......

Old 07-06-2020 | 12:07 PM
Puglia10
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by speedkills66
Couple questions about these bars - When you installed these bars did your clutch side perches, switches. grip all fit as expected?
Mine do not. The left side grip is hanging off the bar end about 1/2" and its super noticeable because I typically use stock grips and the left has no kind of structural support, so its like just empty rubber hanging off the end. If I push the grip all the way on there is no room to mount the clutch master.
I've installed countless bar sets and have never run into this before. Its like the left side is too short compared to the throttle side which fit perfectly.

Thats weird...my grips are rigid (harley heated) but they definitely slid all the way in. Everything fit perfectly.
You ground off the nub on the metal piece that holds the perch on right? Not sure what else could cause that unless there was an actual issue in making your bars but that seems almost impossible.
I'd take it all off that side and start over pretty much. Your switches and everything are pushed as far towards the center as possible?

Old 07-06-2020 | 12:41 PM
Junker
Cruiser

just push the grip a little harder. i had the same issue with different bars. Or tap gently with rubber mallet. It will go on all the way.

Old 07-06-2020 | 02:31 PM
speedkills66
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Puglia10
Thats weird...my grips are rigid (harley heated) but they definitely slid all the way in. Everything fit perfectly.
You ground off the nub on the metal piece that holds the perch on right? Not sure what else could cause that unless there was an actual issue in making your bars but that seems almost impossible.
I'd take it all off that side and start over pretty much. Your switches and everything are pushed as far towards the center as possible?
It is the grips, these bars work best with a “rigid” grip per my conversation with FXR Division. If you use stock grips, or the”Vans” style there will be a little space at the end of the grip and depending on how you feel about it it may be acceptable.
I’ll try other grips.
Thanks for your reply.

The following users liked this post:
Puglia10 (07-07-2020)
Old 07-06-2020 | 02:33 PM
crtman21
Road Captain

It is the grips, these bars work best with a “rigid” grip per my conversation with FXR Division. If you use stock grips, or the”Vans” style there will be a little space at the end of the grip and depending on how you feel about it it may be acceptable.
I’ll try other grips.
Thanks for your reply.
I don't have these bars, but I used the vans grips on my IMZZ Dive bars and at first I was thinking I was going to have excess grip hanging over as well. But I just pushed them further onto the bars. Problem solved. After the lubricant dried they've stayed in place.

Old 07-06-2020 | 09:32 PM
gartec81
|
Grand HDF Member

Finally got rid of my stock cleaner.

Went with a stainles moto two brothers intake. Gotta finish installing the trask assult pipe. Then flash with power vision.

Puglia10 (07-07-2020)
Old 07-07-2020 | 08:31 AM
Chad1200
Road Master

Originally Posted by gartec81

Went with a stainles moto two brothers intake. Gotta finish installing the trask assult pipe. Then flash with power vision.

That intake looks mean!

gartec81 (07-07-2020)
Old 07-07-2020 | 11:22 AM
BigMike67
Cruiser

though i love the looks of these style intakes i was talking with my local well respected engine builder about them and he said to keep a stock style air cleaner cover because at higher speeds your forcing air into the bike, i said well thats a good thing right? and he stated not when your running your top end lean (carb'd bike) are you guys with FI and computers not having that issue?

Old 07-07-2020 | 08:05 PM
gartec81
|
Grand HDF Member

Racetech shocks gs3's. 14.25" will raise to over 15" if need be. Night and day diff from stock shocks

Old 07-08-2020 | 11:02 AM
Puglia10
Road Warrior

Racetech shocks gs3's. 14.25" will raise to over 15" if need be. Night and day diff from stock shocks

nice, thats what I run on my fxr. no issues going that tall?
how do you like the trask pipe?

Quick Reply: Performance baggers