Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Performance baggers

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2020 | 01:48 PM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member

For the guys that have reshaped the bottom rear of the bags So they don’t rub wheel doing wheelie’s, how did you go about doing this? Not that I am anywhere near capable of doing wheelie’s, I am just wondering what process you used to trim the bag and still make if water tight, fictional and permanent.

Old 05-27-2020 | 05:02 PM
DynaKid94
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by SoCalDyna2015
I went all out on the front with Traxxion Dynamics AK20s but still riding on the 13” premium adjustable touring shocks. They were a great upgrade over the 12”, entire shock body is visibly larger and gets the bike off the ground. I’ll upgrade eventually but the horsepower bug has been taking priority.
Lucky for me the guy before me had the horsepower bug when he bought this thing. I was told he had it bumped up to a 114" from a 107" with cam and headwork, supposedly. I've got no paperwork to back it up, but between the butt dyno, the noise it makes, and the SE Pro Street tuner included when I bought the bike tells me there's at least some truth to that statement. I'm like 90% sure it was sold and done at a local dealer, wonder if there's a way to look up the service records based on the VIN. Would be nice to know for sure what it has done to it.

Either way, I gotta thank his wife for not letting him take it with them and moving out of state, I'd say I got the sweeter end of that deal...lol

Old 05-28-2020 | 01:35 AM
23Seven
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by DynaKid94
Lucky for me the guy before me had the horsepower bug when he bought this thing. I was told he had it bumped up to a 114" from a 107" with cam and headwork, supposedly. I've got no paperwork to back it up, but between the butt dyno, the noise it makes, and the SE Pro Street tuner included when I bought the bike tells me there's at least some truth to that statement. I'm like 90% sure it was sold and done at a local dealer, wonder if there's a way to look up the service records based on the VIN. Would be nice to know for sure what it has done to it.

Either way, I gotta thank his wife for not letting him take it with them and moving out of state, I'd say I got the sweeter end of that deal...lol
Go race a 107... If you smoke him you probably got a 114 BB and Cam.

The following users liked this post:
DynaKid94 (05-29-2020)
Old 05-28-2020 | 09:07 AM
HighLiner
Road Warrior

if you know the servicing dealer you could try contacting them. I was able to get the entire history of my used bike that way.

The following 2 users liked this post by HighLiner:
cprhed (05-28-2020), DynaKid94 (05-29-2020)
Old 05-28-2020 | 10:35 AM
Puglia10
Road Warrior

yeah the dealer can look up any work they did with the VIN check.
mine was sold as a stage 3 114" with cam blah blah blah.
turned out to be a stock 107. oh well. luckily it was a ridiculous deal anyway and I'll do it myself, without harley parts lol.

The following users liked this post:
DynaKid94 (05-29-2020)
Old 05-28-2020 | 10:55 AM
cprhed
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by HighLiner
if you know the servicing dealer you could try contacting them. I was able to get the entire history of my used bike that way.
Yep same here. Bike came with upgrades that were not from my dealer where he traded it in. But I was able to get everything from his local indy shop

Old 06-01-2020 | 02:27 PM
twincam10353
Road Master

What are you guys running for tuners? Looking at changing my FP3 out for a Thundermax.

Old 06-01-2020 | 04:06 PM
gnarlyfox001
Tourer

Have Thundermax on both of my bikes. Fantastic alternative. Issue free and very pleased with the results. User friendly and reliable tuner.

Old 06-01-2020 | 09:49 PM
twincam10353
Road Master

Originally Posted by gnarlyfox001
Have Thundermax on both of my bikes. Fantastic alternative. Issue free and very pleased with the results. User friendly and reliable tuner.
Wow, I’m really eyeing the ThunderMax to replace my FP3. Is it something that can be completely installed and utilized at home without having to be a pro or go into a shop?

Old 06-02-2020 | 06:33 AM
HD Bobber
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by twincam10353
Wow, I’m really eyeing the ThunderMax to replace my FP3. Is it something that can be completely installed and utilized at home without having to be a pro or go into a shop?
yes, very user friendly and easy to use. Highly recommend it!

Quick Reply: Performance baggers