Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Performance baggers

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2019, 03:16 PM
duglaura&flhti
Road Warrior

Received 99 Likes on 94 Posts

Killer Thread, 1st time going thru!!! You guys Rock the ****!!

Old 08-30-2019, 03:23 PM
MatteGlide15
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,272 Likes on 600 Posts

Originally Posted by Puglia10
Is anyone running the FXR division Motorwitch bars?
https://www.fxrdivision.com/handleba...for-road-glide
Ape style but tbar measurments. I know they wouldnt be as solidly mounted as a tbar/riser straight to the trees, but Im thinking I dont want to relocate gauges and cut plastics again if I end up with a brand new RG....
Im Running 12” FXR Division Motorwitch bars on my 15 RGS and absolutely love em!!!

Improved handling, looks, and feels better. Did a 1,200+ mile 24 Hour Rally last month and the bars were comfortable

Old 08-30-2019, 05:00 PM
Borgy
Cruiser
Received 48 Likes on 24 Posts

Reapster,

Do you not like the monkey bars? I'm looking into apes and like the looks of these, but I like aggressive riding especially in the twisties.

Originally Posted by reapster
Hey SoCal Dyna,
I've been looking at those FXR Division bars for my Streetglide. Honestly, how do you like them? Are they comfortable on long rides? How about in the twistys?
I have Yaffe Monkeybars right now and I would like something a little narrower. Those look like they would fit the bill nicely.

Thanks!

Old 08-30-2019, 06:59 PM
SoCalDyna2015
Cruiser
Received 109 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by reapster
Hey SoCal Dyna,
I've been looking at those FXR Division bars for my Streetglide. Honestly, how do you like them? Are they comfortable on long rides? How about in the twistys?
I have Yaffe Monkeybars right now and I would like something a little narrower. Those look like they would fit the bill nicely.

Thanks!
I really like them in the twisties and getting through cali traffic. Aggressive sitting and wrist position compared to the wide yaffes with big pullback. I’ve done a few 250mi rides since getting them and the comfort is the same as any other t bar. I.e. some price to pay for the aggressive position but not uncomfortable.

Old 08-30-2019, 08:24 PM
MatteGlide15
Outstanding HDF Member

The Motorwitch bars are super narrow and pretty much feel the same as the T-bars on my FXR. If you like to ride aggressively and a responsive feel these are the bars to get

Old 09-01-2019, 04:34 AM
crtman21
Road Captain
Received 229 Likes on 148 Posts

UUUUGGGH!!! Working graveyard shift at work has allowed me to read the entire thread to say awake. hahaha!!!

I'm so stoked to finally start my build. Thanks to @Dynaglide92 for the exhaust.

My first question is my bike is a '16 Road Glide Ultra. I want to put risers and mx bars on it. Do I need to relocate my gauges? I've seen the Kraus raptor adapter and is that something I can put on the bike and leave the gauges where they are? I know that the risers will be in the way of the gauges, but for now it'll have to do. Eventually I do want to relocate the gauges higher up. One big problem...MONEY! haha

I've got a question for you guys and don't be afraid to tell me your honest opinions. I have a 2016 RGU (like the one pictured) and I'm really considering doing gold accents. Black out the chrome, black risers, gold bars, gold floor boards, passenger floor boards, and eventually gold inverted forks...$$$$
What do you guys think? Yes, I know..."its my bike, who cares what everyone else thinks" and yes, I'll do it regardless of what people think. But, personally I think it would look good because of the gold pinstripe separating the two color reds. Maybe I'm delirious

Thanks.

Last edited by crtman21; 09-01-2019 at 04:38 AM.
Old 09-02-2019, 02:20 PM
gartec81
Grand HDF Member
Received 862 Likes on 380 Posts

You talking what kind of gold look?

Plated gold look or magnesium gold look?

Old 09-02-2019, 08:30 PM
CORNBREADUSMC
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Lose Question

Can anyone provide guidance / suggestions for the following bike:

2005 Road King Custom 1550 Big Bore Kit and all upgrades to include Carb

My bike runs awesome with no power issues, until I reach approximately 95 mph it starts cutting out like its not getting fuel. Once I slow down some its get right, but still will not go above 95mph.

I am thinking this seems to be a fuel flow issues as I have a large K&N Breather pointing forward; I have been told that my bike is not getting enough fuel by a friend who is a mechanic but we never did a total diagnostic on the bike. Can anyone provide insight or suggestions? Thanks

Old 09-02-2019, 08:37 PM
MatteGlide15
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by CORNBREADUSMC
Can anyone provide guidance / suggestions for the following bike:

2005 Road King Custom 1550 Big Bore Kit and all upgrades to include Carb

My bike runs awesome with no power issues, until I reach approximately 95 mph it starts cutting out like its not getting fuel. Once I slow down some its get right, but still will not go above 95mph.

I am thinking this seems to be a fuel flow issues as I have a large K&N Breather pointing forward; I have been told that my bike is not getting enough fuel by a friend who is a mechanic but we never did a total diagnostic on the bike. Can anyone provide insight or suggestions? Thanks
Why are you threadjacking??? Post up your own thread with this Bullshyt

Old 09-03-2019, 01:05 AM
crtman21
Road Captain
Received 229 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by gartec81
You talking what kind of gold look?

Plated gold look or magnesium gold look?
Well, I don't want super bright gold, so probably the magnesium gold.
I was thinking about going with the Forbidden Moto bars on it. Now that I'm looking at them, they are kinda bright. I also heard they fade which might give it that look I was going for. IDFK!!
So many F'n choices. LOL!

Quick Reply: Performance baggers