Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Performance baggers

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2018 | 04:53 PM
Joker_Whiskey
Intermediate

Originally Posted by gartec81
Scooped up a road glide and couldn't be happier. I'll most likely cheap out on a stubby 2 into 1 untill the funds come for a nice Trask 2 into 1 exhaust.

Here's another pic with a nice mjk chain drive set up. I like the crash bar too

Nice man! I know Z06_Andy and roadglidedestroyer114 on Instagram are running the Dan Moto exhaust w/o any real complaint. I haven't seen the Trask set-up yet, I am going to have to take a look. I think the bike you posted up top is one of the Spadafora bikes...they're the same dudes who built the Raceglide.

Old 03-19-2018 | 06:30 PM
gartec81
|
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by SSpeeDEMONSS
Slowly but surely getting there.

Garrett

Set up looking real good.

Old 03-21-2018 | 10:26 AM
Puglia10
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Joker_Whiskey
You ain't lying, everything is more on these bikes! I have been lucky though, I became friends with the guy who owns one of the best indy's where I live and he has saved me an assload of $$. But, it's like what I have read from Danny G and Danny Dixxon, nothing beats a properly set-up RG. What exhaust and bars did you go with?
I did 11" risers and 3" bars....I'm too picky to be locked into a one-piece bar setup lol.
Scored a real cheap 2-1 Pro-Pipe so that'll be going on.
Powdered the wheels and crash bar/blinkers/etc black.
Racetech front springs and Ricor intiminators. Still need rear suspension.
Still has the stretched CVO bags but they don't scrape at all so they'll stay until I can find a cheap set of police bags or 14+ bags for the better hinge setup.

Its coming along, slowly. Trying to not blow a ton of money on it like I did my dyna lol. It has a 103" that dyon'd 113/115 so it goes pretty good. Just wanted to get the suspension and bar setup dialed for myself and some small cosmetics. then RIDE it once all the snow stops falling!

Old 03-21-2018 | 12:23 PM
Joker_Whiskey
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Puglia10
I did 11" risers and 3" bars....I'm too picky to be locked into a one-piece bar setup lol.
Scored a real cheap 2-1 Pro-Pipe so that'll be going on.
Powdered the wheels and crash bar/blinkers/etc black.
Racetech front springs and Ricor intiminators. Still need rear suspension.
Still has the stretched CVO bags but they don't scrape at all so they'll stay until I can find a cheap set of police bags or 14+ bags for the better hinge setup.

Its coming along, slowly. Trying to not blow a ton of money on it like I did my dyna lol. It has a 103" that dyon'd 113/115 so it goes pretty good. Just wanted to get the suspension and bar setup dialed for myself and some small cosmetics. then RIDE it once all the snow stops falling!
DANG SON! You getting busy on that bike. You know you're lying to yourself, right? You are gonna put just as much $$, if not more, into this bike. It's what we do man, its what we do. LOL! How do you like the front suspension? I have been researching a lot. I cannot drop $5K into the inverted front end, I know a lot of people recommend the Legend, or Ohlins drop-ins...but the Racetech/Ricor was the **** on the dyna side of the house. Just not sure how id would on the bagger. I vote for the police bags...I would love to see those on a RG.

Oh, and post some pics of your bike dammit.
I got my dyno scheduled for 6 April...fingers crossed it pulls what I am hoping for.

--JW

Last edited by Joker_Whiskey; 03-21-2018 at 12:26 PM.
Old 03-22-2018 | 12:03 AM
gartec81
|
Grand HDF Member
Old 03-22-2018 | 12:30 AM
gartec81
|
Grand HDF Member

Puglia10. Flipping back through Dyna threads. You built a great looking Dyna

The following users liked this post:
Puglia10 (03-22-2018)
Old 03-22-2018 | 11:44 AM
Puglia10
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by gartec81
Puglia10. Flipping back through Dyna threads. You built a great looking Dyna
Thanks! I really loved that bike, put a lot into it and it did everything from Track Days to long trips..... but my Coast Guard friend loved and wanted it in California so we made a deal and I shipped it out to him.

Had a KTM 950 for a little bit after but now back to HD with the road glide. Really enjoying it so far...Just gotta personalize and dial it in a bit. Built an FXR too....I wish I knew how to attach pics now without photobucket lol.

Old 03-22-2018 | 11:48 AM
Puglia10
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Joker_Whiskey
DANG SON! You getting busy on that bike. You know you're lying to yourself, right? You are gonna put just as much $$, if not more, into this bike. It's what we do man, its what we do. LOL! How do you like the front suspension? I have been researching a lot. I cannot drop $5K into the inverted front end, I know a lot of people recommend the Legend, or Ohlins drop-ins...but the Racetech/Ricor was the **** on the dyna side of the house. Just not sure how id would on the bagger. I vote for the police bags...I would love to see those on a RG.

Oh, and post some pics of your bike dammit.
I got my dyno scheduled for 6 April...fingers crossed it pulls what I am hoping for.

--JW
Ha! I know, I know! I just keep lying to myself. I'm luckily in no rush being winter so I can wait around for good deals. Been doing it pretty cheap so far...found an awesome deal on the pipe and suspension. Lurking for bags now.
Haven't ridden with the front suspension yet. Installing this weekend...but still lots of snow here. Another few weeks itll be gone, hopefully. It should work well though....much better than stock and much cheaper than inverted lol.

Old 03-22-2018 | 11:51 AM
SnoRider
Stellar HDF Member

Can someone post a link to that Dyna?

Old 03-22-2018 | 02:03 PM
Puglia10
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by SnoRider
Can someone post a link to that Dyna?
mine? I had a ton on here but i think they all disappeared with photobucket. I had a build thread but cant see the pics anymore.

Quick Reply: Performance baggers