Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Performance baggers

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2018 | 12:20 AM
gartec81
|
Grand HDF Member

Bike looks great . How does the reaper plate feel . Is it rigid . Any play in the bars?

Old 03-19-2018 | 07:59 AM
Joker_Whiskey
Intermediate

Originally Posted by gartec81
Bike looks great . How does the reaper plate feel . Is it rigid . Any play in the bars?
Thanks Man! The Raptor plate is stupid solid, there is no play anywhere in the set-up.
I remember you from the Dyna Club/Thug thread; you got a bagger now? We need to get a thread like that going on this side, there is not enough Tbars and fast motors in here!
—JW

Old 03-19-2018 | 10:43 AM
Puglia10
Road Warrior

LOL I also came over from the dyna thread. got rid of my DX for a road glide. installing a 2-1 and tbars right now....jeesh, much more work and money to change things on the RG! Oh well, itll be fun when its done.

The following users liked this post:
crtman21 (04-20-2020)
Old 03-19-2018 | 10:48 AM
Joker_Whiskey
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Puglia10
LOL I also came over from the dyna thread. got rid of my DX for a road glide. installing a 2-1 and tbars right now....jeesh, much more work and money to change things on the RG! Oh well, itll be fun when its done.
You ain't lying, everything is more on these bikes! I have been lucky though, I became friends with the guy who owns one of the best indy's where I live and he has saved me an assload of $$. But, it's like what I have read from Danny G and Danny Dixxon, nothing beats a properly set-up RG. What exhaust and bars did you go with?

Old 03-19-2018 | 12:31 PM
FNGonaRK
Seasoned HDF Member

JW,

How loud is that Jackpot 2-1? I'm considering changing to a 2-1, but volume is a concern, as I do tour on the bike. Currently running Rineharts on the factory headpipe, but looking for better performance. I don't care what my bike is classified as, I just want suspension that works (looking at a longer travel Ohlins for the rear) and as much performance as I can afford (not much right now).

Old 03-19-2018 | 12:57 PM
Joker_Whiskey
Intermediate

Originally Posted by FNGonaRK
JW,

How loud is that Jackpot 2-1? I'm considering changing to a 2-1, but volume is a concern, as I do tour on the bike. Currently running Rineharts on the factory headpipe, but looking for better performance. I don't care what my bike is classified as, I just want suspension that works (looking at a longer travel Ohlins for the rear) and as much performance as I can afford (not much right now).
I don’t think it’s too bad. It settles in nicely when you hit cruising speed, but it really barks when you smash it. I have a video, but can’t get it to upload. There are videos on YouTube if you google the full name of the exhaust. As always, volume is subjective. I have been a jet mechanic for 15 years, listen to really loud punk rock and hip hop, and ride Harleys. I might be a little deaf! The tone however, is great. Deep and snarly. Once you get rid of the cats, get a good Stage 1 with tune, the bike really wakes up. Kinda like the bike finally shook a shitty hangover. Lol!
Suspension is on my list as well and have been researching extensively. I want to put better suspension all the way around and then finish up the motor. Sorry, got lengthy...let me know if you have more questions.
—JW

Old 03-19-2018 | 01:52 PM
gartec81
|
Grand HDF Member

Scooped up a road glide and couldn't be happier. I'll most likely cheap out on a stubby 2 into 1 untill the funds come for a nice Trask 2 into 1 exhaust.

Here's another pic with a nice mjk chain drive set up. I like the crash bar too

Old 03-19-2018 | 02:04 PM
FNGonaRK
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Joker_Whiskey

I don’t think it’s too bad. It settles in nicely when you hit cruising speed, but it really barks when you smash it. I have a video, but can’t get it to upload. There are videos on YouTube if you google the full name of the exhaust. As always, volume is subjective. I have been a jet mechanic for 15 years, listen to really loud punk rock and hip hop, and ride Harleys. I might be a little deaf! The tone however, is great. Deep and snarly. Once you get rid of the cats, get a good Stage 1 with tune, the bike really wakes up. Kinda like the bike finally shook a shitty hangover. Lol!
Suspension is on my list as well and have been researching extensively. I want to put better suspension all the way around and then finish up the motor. Sorry, got lengthy...let me know if you have more questions.
—JW
No, thanks for the thorough reply. I put the Ohlins 30mm NIX set up on the front and the 2A's on the back. I'm happy with them, just wish I had more travel in the rear. Good luck with your build! Looking forward to seeing how it turns out!

Old 03-19-2018 | 03:16 PM
gartec81
|
Grand HDF Member
Old 03-19-2018 | 03:26 PM
SSpeeDEMONSS
Tourer

Slowly but surely getting there.

Garrett

Attached Thumbnails Performance baggers-img_9919.jpg   Performance baggers-img_9926.jpg   Performance baggers-img_9950.jpg  

Last edited by SSpeeDEMONSS; 03-19-2018 at 03:32 PM.

Quick Reply: Performance baggers