Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Performance baggers

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2021 | 12:29 PM
CPD
Cruiser

Originally Posted by crtman21
OH...FedEx delivered my Rear Talon wheel today. Ordered Chopper Hauss 11.8 floating rotors front and rear and will get new rubber on the wheels and install the rotors. The front fender and side covers are getting wrapped. Changed the windscreen to a Klock windscreen. Went for a good 200 mi ride yesterday and love the airflow and prefer the look and style of the Klock better than the Freedom shields one. Don't get me wrong Freedom makes a great shield. Can hardly feel the wind up and over me. Just need to get the wife on and see if her head buffeting stops with this new windscreen. She's (the bike) is finally getting close to almost being done. Although, we're never "truely" done working on our bikes. There's always something to do. Time and Money...
Let the fun begin! What size Klock did you go with? Looks good on the bike.

The following users liked this post:
crtman21 (04-07-2021)
Old 04-07-2021 | 01:19 AM
DynaKid94
Road Warrior

Looking at different crash bars, so far I'm thinking the Imzz Original crash bar is gonna be the one. Stock one looks way too massive on the road king IMO. That being said I took the stock one off since I'm planning to pick the new one up on payday, and I kinda dig the look without it...

Performance baggers-cgvejwah.jpg

Old 04-07-2021 | 01:36 AM
crtman21
Road Captain

Originally Posted by CPD
Let the fun begin! What size Klock did you go with? Looks good on the bike.
Thanks. I went with the 14" I can see over it about 2" which is perfect and still don't get any wind. Like I said, just need the wife to get on it and see if her buffeting goes away.

Old 04-07-2021 | 01:39 AM
crtman21
Road Captain

Originally Posted by DynaKid94
Looking at different crash bars, so far I'm thinking the Imzz Original crash bar is gonna be the one. Stock one looks way too massive on the road king IMO. That being said I took the stock one off since I'm planning to pick the new one up on payday, and I kinda dig the look without it...

You going with both front and rear's? If I had a road king, that's what I'd do. Hell... If mine wasn't an ultra, with the lowers (and the cooling system) I'd be putting different crash bars on mine. I look forward to seeing it.

DynaKid94 (04-07-2021)
Old 04-07-2021 | 05:54 AM
crtman21
Road Captain

OK Guys,
I'm noticing more and more bikes have external breathers. Let me know which ones you guys went with and if you noticed a difference. Also, how you routed the tubes. I've seen so many different places for them to be routed. I like the idea of the catch can or filter being right below the A/C. Also, if you guys know if there's any difference between the catch can and the filter?

I'm getting my cams installed very soon and would like to have this done prior to so when they do the dyno, I can get a good number. Although it would be cool to see a before and after.

Last edited by crtman21; 04-07-2021 at 06:57 AM.
Old 04-07-2021 | 06:13 AM
Beersandbikes
Advanced
Veteran: Army

Looks good. I took mine off my road king like 4 months ago with intentions of buying the one from Santoro fabworx. Like it without and still haven’t bought a new one. Might leave it without one.

DynaKid94 (04-07-2021)
Old 04-07-2021 | 11:07 AM
Puglia10
Road Warrior

I like the look of no crash bar but not the idea of tipping over lol....if that were my bike, I'd go with the CVO chopped ones. They look nice and still service a purpose. The "stick" type ones have been known to dig in and flip a bike during a slide.

DynaKid94 (04-07-2021)
Old 04-07-2021 | 11:10 AM
Puglia10
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by crtman21
OK Guys,
I'm noticing more and more bikes have external breathers. Let me know which ones you guys went with and if you noticed a difference. Also, how you routed the tubes. I've seen so many different places for them to be routed. I like the idea of the catch can or filter being right below the A/C. Also, if you guys know if there's any difference between the catch can and the filter?

I'm getting my cams installed very soon and would like to have this done prior to so when they do the dyno, I can get a good number. Although it would be cool to see a before and after.
I used a DK customs air cleaner kit. I did it pretty much right away so I cant compare but I dont think youll FEEL any difference....but knowing the motor is only getting fresh air and not hot oily air and caked up pistons is well worth it to me. No difference between a filter and a catch can really. Personal preference/looks.... I run a small filter, spray it with simple green every wash to clean any oil off...which is usually none. I need to clean my setup up a little because I rushed it, but Ill find a pic, just ran some hoses into a T and then that one hose over the other side, behind the primary, zip tied to the frame rail.

crtman21 (04-07-2021)
Old 04-07-2021 | 11:14 AM
Puglia10
Road Warrior

Pics of said setup:

jyd83 (04-15-2021)
Old 04-08-2021 | 03:40 AM
crtman21
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Puglia10
I used a DK customs air cleaner kit. I did it pretty much right away so I cant compare but I dont think youll FEEL any difference....but knowing the motor is only getting fresh air and not hot oily air and caked up pistons is well worth it to me. No difference between a filter and a catch can really. Personal preference/looks.... I run a small filter, spray it with simple green every wash to clean any oil off...which is usually none. I need to clean my setup up a little because I rushed it, but Ill find a pic, just ran some hoses into a T and then that one hose over the other side, behind the primary, zip tied to the frame rail.
Thanks Puglia. I was looking at DK Customs.

Puglia10 (04-08-2021)

Quick Reply: Performance baggers