Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Performance baggers

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2017 | 07:09 PM
Pyrolysis
Novice

Originally Posted by FLSTFI Dave
My 13 CVO King is my performance bagger.

14" Yaffe Monkey bars, with CVO Limited heated grips
Road Tech GPS wired through bars to sound system
Oh **** here we go...

Originally Posted by FLSTFI Dave
Ohlin 13" HD-159 rear shocks
Ledgens AXO front fork cartridges
117 Motor
CP 11.4 pistons
Head work by HD Street Performance
AV&V 650 lift beehive valve springs
Woods Alpha Directional lifters
Woods TW-9B-6 cam
5.3 rpm injectors
55mm HPI throttle body with a 58mm intake
SE Adjustable push rods
Fullsac "D" Head pipe
Fullsac 2.25 baffles with tech mat and screens
Agitator air cleaner
Oh shitt here we go!!!

Old 12-14-2017 | 01:24 AM
Wodan
Banned

Originally Posted by SnoRider
Ok maybe I am missing something. In post 26...what is the purpose of reducing the weight.
It's a free upgrade improving relative power-to-weight ratios, suspension and braking.

Same goes for the rider too it they do too, but you don't seem slimming topics on this forum!

I don't think the "because he can" answer is such a good one. The rubber mount engine is a plus, size is definitely a plus (if you're bigger), there's a sort of obstinate, perverse pleasure in building a sleeper that looks and works as a touring bike but will surprise most average riders on much more recent sports bikes ... to a degree.

But, otherwise you are right. "Performancing" a Harley is like becoming a sumo wrestler and then taking up sprinting. Check out RB Racing's turbo Orca bikes for where it all ends.

Old 12-14-2017 | 11:06 AM
Puglia10
Road Warrior

Ok maybe I am missing something. In post 26...what is the purpose of reducing the weight. Now I understand why don’t get me wrong...but what is the benefit of shaving all the touring stuff off the bagger, why not just start with a dyna or something. Is there something desirable with the frame that I am missing?
Dont know why you werent given a good answer right away, but thats a legit question.

Yes, the touring frame is superior to the dyna frame. Shares some similarities with the FXR. You can google their frames, but the touring frame (I believe) is more rigid and stable. I assume they also did it "just because" to show what they can do, being a shop. That weight claim is total BS by the way. No way that is down to 400lbs, but I digress.

As for weight savings...less weight, the less HP needed to move it the same speed. So lowering the weight and keeping the HP the same, is essentially adding HP. Example: 500hp in a motor home vs 500hp in a go kart. (Power to weight ratio.)

Old 12-15-2017 | 07:56 PM
HighLiner
Road Warrior

Why is Big Bear the only one to offer the Ohlins sliders in black?

Old 12-16-2017 | 10:19 AM
6 gun
Seasoned HDF Member

Ok maybe I am missing something. In post 26...what is the purpose of reducing the weight. Now I understand why don’t get me wrong...but what is the benefit of shaving all the touring stuff off the bagger, why not just start with a dyna or something. Is there something desirable with the frame that I am missing?
Hey SnoRider I don't have a problem with your post, I saw that you ask a reasonable question and I'll give you my reasonable answer. Now I cant speak for every body, but as for me I smashed the first Harley I ever had, a Dyna Wide Glide. Now it was just right for me by myself, but with me and my wife, it was too small. So when I went looking for another bike, I wanted another Dyna, but I wanted my wife to be comfortable more than me, so I tried to make a Road King into a Dyna, and I feel like I got about as close as any body could, and I feel like I got the best of both worlds. However after seeing post 26 I don't think my RKC will ever be a crotch rocket, but His bike is very unique, and I say that with no disrespect whatsoever.

Old 12-16-2017 | 10:39 AM
Mike@FoxRiverCycle
Former Sponsor
The following users liked this post:
Jeff Dodson (04-02-2021)
Old 12-16-2017 | 10:40 AM
Mike@FoxRiverCycle
Former Sponsor
Old 12-16-2017 | 10:46 AM
SnoRider
Stellar HDF Member

Hey all, thanks for taking my question up!

Old 12-19-2017 | 11:31 AM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Mike@FoxRiverCycle
Drop seat - Check
Killer body work - Check
Crazy paint - Check
Upgraded forks - Check
Big Bad 143" - Check
Big stereo - Check
Beautiful front wheel - Check
Stock rear wheel - What in the actual F!

Zach

Old 12-19-2017 | 11:42 AM
24v
Elite HDF Member

I never understood the whole "you can't even see it" crowd when it comes to back wheels. That is a good lookin bike other than that too.

The following users liked this post:
Xcrossbow (12-19-2017)

Quick Reply: Performance baggers