Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Verdict Is In

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 11:09 AM
mike280
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Verdict Is In

I like many others who purchased a 2007 Ultra Classic, soon realize there was a standard item that came with the bike that buyers were surprised to find. It was a toaster. In fact, if you got bogged down in a traffic jam, had to crawl through an intersection, or just surrounded by slow cages on a hot day, you soon had a odd feeling your gahoonas were toasting. That’s because they were!

Remedy[/b]. After reading many reviews and checking out RJs website, I decided to order a set of heat deflectors from rjsoriginals.com. I mean how could I lose; they advertised that there would be no more heat torture sessions to endure, they guaranteed excellent customer service, they stated the deflectors would enhance the appearance of the bike, and they guaranteed fast delivery. Most of all, they were made in America. This was too much to be true, so I placed an order. Five minutes after sending the order in my cell phone started ringing. I answered it and it was RJ, explaining he got my order but it would take a couple of extra days cause he was moving his shop. I thanked him for the call and he said he’d get them out first thing. He did.

The heat deflectors arrived shortly thereafter; I put them on Wednesday, and rode the bike to work last night (80 miles round trip). On the return leg, I got caught in one of those infamous Interstate 95 shutdowns --- the bugs on the asphalt were crawling faster than me. This duck shuffle went on for fifteen minutes before I could finally get my feet back up on the floorboards. However, I noticed the missing aroma smell of burning Hanes underwear --- these damn heat deflectors are really[/i] working! Everything I read about them and what RJ advertises is not only true, it is the gospel[/i]. One thing I would add, is that they are simple to install, no more than ten minutes even for a mutant like me.

If you are suffering: I mean dreading every time you have to slow down or stop cause your gahoonas are going to take a trip down Roasted Marshmallows Lane, do yourself a favor you will never regret. Log onto rjsoriginals.com and enjoy riding your bike!

Semper Fi,

Michael L. Milligan
Triangle, VA
mike280@comcast.net

Old 06-15-2007, 11:22 AM
gman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: The Verdict Is In

agree 100%. they are a great product, unless you want to support HD/Kury and buy the cheap plastic/lexon thing they sell that many have reported as a POS to install, melting, breaking, etc. RJs work great and look even better. fortunately i made the decision to go with RJs the first time, rather than wasting $60+ for the HD/Kurys and then having to spend more money to do it right with the RJs. Well worth the $. And RJ actually gives a S*** and deals personally with each customer. Guess that is how American business used to be before we had the large, anonymous corporations.

Old 06-15-2007, 11:43 AM
Fishpart
Tourer

I got the same for my 07 EG and no joking there the best investment I've made for my bike! They work Great!!

Semper Fi!

1stSgt Paul L. Finn

Old 06-15-2007, 11:46 AM
tizone
Tourer

I jst installed these on my Red/Black Pearl Ultra. I bought the ones with the chrome studs and love the way that they look/fit. And they work great! You just can't go wrong with this product.

Old 06-15-2007, 11:47 AM
dougbk
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I have been praising my RJ originals since the day I got them. A couple ofpeople I knowhave purchased them after they saw them on my bike and heard my endorsements.

Old 06-15-2007, 11:51 AM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 709 Likes on 352 Posts

My concern is for the passenger. Don't these things just redirect the heat right down to her feet?

Old 06-15-2007, 12:29 PM
Fishpart
Tourer

NO they actually help the passenger as well, that's who I bought them for, more then just me the rider.

Old 06-15-2007, 12:37 PM
FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have looked at these and my concern is: where is the heat going or is it going anywhere? Is it going to be traped behind the rear jug which runs hot anyway?

Old 06-15-2007, 12:58 PM
Fishpart
Tourer

10,000 miles with them on 07 EG and no problems!

Old 06-15-2007, 01:16 PM
alexcue
Road Master

7000 miles on mine, Love 'em, and they really do help compared to being without them. they're a little pricey, but the quality is excellent. They just don't look cheap.

heat tends to rise, so the heat is really redirected forward and out when stopped. If anything while moving i think they would funnel more air to the back jug.

Quick Reply: The Verdict Is In