Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need a frame expert...

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2005, 06:38 PM
harleydave
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need a frame expert...

I need to find out what nobody seems to know that should know: I have a '92 FLHT-P (Police Electraglide) that came with the stock Police solo seat and the tourpack mount. I have managed to modify an Air Zeppelin seat to fit the bike and I want to replace the tourpack mounting rack to a regular 2-up luggage rack with a passinger backrest. The guys at the Harley shop tell me that they don't make one to fit that year.
I am aware that at that time there were changes made and the Road King evolved from those changes. I need to know what type of dimensional changes were made at the luggage rack attachment points and wheather or not the early Road King racks will fit my Glide. I have heard from one somewhat reliable source that it will but I would feel alot better if someone could confirm this.
Come on guys, someone out there has to know...

Thanks

Old 10-14-2005, 07:43 PM
HDF Tech
Banned
Received 152 Likes on 43 Posts
Default RE: Need a frame expert...

Dave, cant give you an answer here but these guys at this site may be able to http://www.owensoptions.com/

Old 10-14-2005, 08:54 PM
screamn_eagle
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HOLY CRAP...AN ANSWER TC DOESNT KNOW MY WORLD IS FALLING APART....MY TECH GURU...COMON BILL I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT....FIND THE ANSWER OR CALL SKIP HES PRETTY KNOWLEDGABLE TOO...

IM J/K GUYS...I WISH I KNEW HALF OF WHAT YOU KNOW IN YOUR LITTLE FINGER ABOUT FIXIN BIKES...LOL

SORRY DAVE I DONT KNOW JACK BOUT THAT..

Old 10-14-2005, 09:30 PM
mikeisglidn
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

i found a crashed tp, and i wanted it to be detachable so i used the chrome luggage rack and attached the tp to that. it worked well for me. also i can loosen a few screws and just use the luggage rack