Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

seat showdown

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2017, 11:19 AM
heavymetalthunder
Grand HDF Member
Received 607 Likes on 441 Posts
Default seat showdown

Corbin classic solo seat vs C&C solo seat. What the difference between the two?
I prefer comfort over looks. I have a Classic solo and its a couple hour seat and I need a break longer than gas and go.
Hows the C&C solo?
On my rider only hammock I can ride all day gas and go. Made it 880 miles one day. Thats the kinda comfort I'm looking for in a solo seat. Suggestions?

Old 10-22-2017, 12:56 PM
09 YELLOWBIRD
Grand HDF Member
Received 865 Likes on 542 Posts

JMHO,

Corbin has been known for a well made and very comfy seat. Many, many of folks swear by them and would not ride anything else period. West coast folks that are fortunate enough to ride to the Corbin factory and get their saddle made for them are very lucky folks and very limited compared to everyone else that has to order their seats. Price point wise, Corbin is proud of the seats and the price reflects that.
From the World Wide Web, customer service stinks and is said to be nothing but a big pain in the azz for customer service or returns, etc, etc. AGAIN, what is said on the web.

C&C seats is made up from former employees from Corbin seats and Danny Gray seats IIRC. "Chuck and Chew" (C&C)
Most folks that buys these seats for the most part love them as well! Folks that don't, may be use to a soft saddle and not like the firmness of the seats. Price point wise, NOT as expensive as Corbin. For the most part, these seats can be had for a good price pre-owned in the touring section. In fact there is 2 right now for sale, one for pre 2007 and older and 2009+. $450.00 for Solo w/riders back rest and pillon Pad.

Heavy Metal, as you may already know. I have both C&C Solo and SportsTouring seat with Riders back rest. An for ME and MY AZZ, there is no better seat for comfort and looks combined! I can ride ALL Day no problem.

I like the fact that there are only 3 folks in my neck of the woods that have C&C seats. Both are my bros, one with a SportsTouring and the other with a Solo, backrest and pillon pad. In Fact, my one bro rode to Sturgis and said he was shocked at comfy the seat was the entire ride from the east coast.

Lastly, both seats from both companies do have a break in period, some folks may not believe it though.

Again, just my dumb azz opinion and others may vary.

Good luck.

YB

Last edited by 09 YELLOWBIRD; 10-22-2017 at 12:57 PM.
The following users liked this post:
HarleyBP (10-23-2017)
Old 10-23-2017, 08:49 AM
HarleyBP
Road Master
Received 101 Likes on 93 Posts

Thanks 09 Yellowbird for that informative write up. I have recently been researching both Corbin and C&C for a solo with backrest. I've owned both Corbin and Mustang in the past. Never had a problem with comfort on the Mustang, but I liked the look of the Corbin much better. I put a lot of miles on the Corbin, but never considered it to be the most comfortable seat. That and the high price have me hesitating to pull the trigger this time. I think I'll take a closer look at the C&C seats.....

Old 10-23-2017, 09:15 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 75,797 Likes on 22,740 Posts

There are many many more options with C & C.

They can do about anything you want color & material wise.

With them it is a made to order seat with what you the consumer want.

With Corbin you get what they offer. I'm sure that there is a little lee way but not as much as with C & C.

Old 10-23-2017, 09:24 AM
Mr-Mike
Road Master
Received 179 Likes on 148 Posts

If you are NOT an off-the-shelf guy (i.e. you will want some adjustments/mods, light customizing) stay AWAY from Corbin. And ya, their customer service is minimal to non-existent.

Old 10-25-2017, 09:18 PM
7Sixpack7
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the C&C solo. Riding from Seattle to Sturgis we ran 500 miles a day there and ran the last segment home of 722 miles and I could have went longer. I like my C&C.

Old 10-26-2017, 11:52 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,867 Likes on 2,429 Posts

I live in the UK, so am a bit too far from Corbin to ride in (and too far from the USA to send anything there for later return), however our dual seat has kept Mrs B and I comfortable for many years. So two happy Corbin customers here! It's fine solo as well....