Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Custom Color" bikes????

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 10:08 PM
jcboof
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: "Custom Color" bikes????

My 02 RKC is stitting in Custom Harley Two Tone paint from the HD Colour Shop. Its not a numbered set but a paint option they offered. One of those that you had to send in your tins to have them paint em!

I love it. The blue looks more purple in darker light but in good sunlight it shines and sparkles like a bass boat, The blue metallic flake is incredible!

Old 06-14-2007, 10:52 PM
SteelCityScooter
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Ravens35

Each dealership gets one of each model with the custom color. I have the Scarlett Red and Charcoal from 06 and I've only seen one other at Myrtle Beach.
Well when my DragonflyGreen Pearl/ Vivid Black(First 1/4 custom for 06 )Ultra showed up to my dealer, its twin sister rode right along with it on the same truck.

I took delivery on jan 21 st and another guy was at the dealership shopping for a bike, and saw the color and asked about ordering it, he was told they are gone, and nolonger available.

There are three of them here in my area, two from one dealer and the third from another. The twin sister to mine also has an Ultra Side Car, that was a whole nother story to get done in the custom colors to match his bike. (took almost three extra months)

WhenI went to paint my inner farring ,cap, and helmets,I had the paint scanned at three different body shops trying to get a match.
Finally ended up calling York, and taking with Charlie Mann in the paint department. after providing my VIN, he gave me the "secret" to making the color.

"Yellow and Black make Green??????" So I tryed it on the wifes helmet first.

Old 06-14-2007, 11:14 PM
Ravens35
Cruiser

I wanted the dragonfly green/black when i bought mine, but I didn't want to wait until january. I bought mine in October of 05 so I still had a couple months of riding season.

Old 06-15-2007, 02:02 AM
SteelCityScooter
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Ravens35

I wanted the dragonfly green/black when i bought mine, but I didn't want to wait until january. I bought mine in October of 05 so I still had a couple months of riding season.
I had originally looked at a Glacier White Pearl Ultra at another dealer, but he didn't want to deal on the bike.(It also had 2400 miles on it, put on by the owner on a HOG Ride).
So I had made him an offer, he didn't get back to me , so I was directed by some friends and family to the Dealer where I ordered this Ultra.

I ordered this one in late november from a 1" by 2" paint chip, that was the only thing the dealers had to try to represent the colors, other than the poor picture on the website.

I was on pins and needles waiting on it to come in (was fighting the color choice without really seeing it), and when I saw it in the showroom under flouresent lights it was "sharpe", but when we rolled her out side into the sunlight, she became a "keeper".

I was at the local dealer a few weeks back, and the son of the owner was commenting how the 07 Dark green envy/ light green envy color combo had the same green as mine for the dark.

Well until we parked em side by side in the sun.

The dark green envy is green pearl over black base

The dragonfly green pearl is yellow pearl over black base with a clear seperator layer. (Theres actually no green paint on my bike)

Old 06-15-2007, 02:13 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow, interesting. I thought that yellow and blue make green. At least that was what I was taught in art class. And, of course, on those zip lock commercials. LOL

Old 06-15-2007, 02:24 AM
SteelCityScooter
Road Master

ORIGINAL: PapaTravis

Wow, interesting. I thought that yellow and blue make green. At least that was what I was taught in art class. And, of course, on those zip lock commercials. LOL
Yeah that was the sameway I was taught. After talking with York, and then buying the paint,I was still alot unbelieveing about it going to work.

Yellow Pearl paint is actually clear top coat with very small yellow pearls in it, so it almost looks clear with little yellow specs when shot on a white base.

SoI taped of the wifes lid, preped it and shot it. I was amased asI shot the yellow pearl onto the black base,as at first it went to a black gold, then as it began to dry, changed to green right before my eyes.

Old 06-15-2007, 02:43 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

That's pretty cool. No wonder noone could match the paint. BUT, getting, "yellow and blue make green, when sealed", is hard to get out of my mind.

Old 06-16-2007, 01:27 AM
SteelCityScooter
Road Master

ORIGINAL: SoCal_Pappy

You can Write or Call MOCO Customer Service - They keep track of all year sales and color combo's

Yup, it works........

.........Called today and found out there were 601 DragonFly Green Pearl / Vivid Black Ultras manufactured.
1 was sent to Harley corporate for musem storage(they are keeping one of each custom color)
541 were sent to the USA
59 were sent out of the country

Old 01-24-2010, 01:52 PM
copper851
Stage I
Unhappy MOCO Customer Serv.

What is MOCO Customer Service? Does anyone have the #?

I have a 07 Ultra and would like to know how many Jake/Elwood blue were made.

Thanks
Copper851

Last edited by copper851; 01-24-2010 at 02:52 PM.
Old 01-24-2010, 02:14 PM
FFeric
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I just had my inner and outer fairing and windshield painted. My SG is vivid black. Last winter I had a new dash painted with a black paint from Germany. (shop calls it expensive black) It is deeper and darker then the vivid black. At some point the entire bike will be this color. So would this be considered custom painted since it is not a stock color? I know, this may be a stupid question.

Quick Reply: "Custom Color" bikes????