Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2017 Ultra Limited

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2017, 04:06 PM
gandrea
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2017 Ultra Limited

Question for all of you. I am trying to convince my wife that we need to purchase the Ultra Limited over a TriGlide. 10 years ago we used to ride a kawasaki Vulcan limited and she loved to ride, fast forward and a few pounds heavier and I don't think she thinks I can handle two up on the bike. Anyone have any suggestions on convincing her. I did a demo last week and really loved the Ultra Limited. Also, any feed back on the Limited would be great.

Greg

Old 10-13-2017, 04:34 PM
ORradtech
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 374 Likes on 323 Posts

The decision here is yours.
What it boils down to is how much do you want your wife to ride with you?
If she has no confidence the experience will be miserable for both of you. If that's ok with you, go for the Ultra. If you want her to ride with you and enjoy the experience go with the trike.
My wife and I ride a lot and mostly together. We have an older Ultra and togeather we are very close to the weight limit. It can be a bear sometimes. I have taken a great deal of time and effort taking classes and practicing low speed mannuvering and stopping to make and keep her comfortable. BUT, as soon as either of us starts to feel anything but confident, I'm trading for a trike. Riding together is more important to me than how many wheels we rife on.
Good luck with your decision.

The following 2 users liked this post by ORradtech:
72RD350 (04-22-2023), SSG_B (04-23-2023)
Old 10-13-2017, 07:22 PM
Jackhole48
Cruiser
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

I would recommend setting up another demo on the Ultra and take her with you. If you are calm and cool with her on the back, she will recognize it. Plus the Ultra is extremely comfortable for the passenger which she will appreciate!

The following users liked this post:
72RD350 (04-22-2023)
Old 10-13-2017, 07:34 PM
Kawickrice
Elite HDF Member
Received 3,257 Likes on 1,519 Posts

I have a 17 Limited and love it. My wife rides with me 95% of the time. My knees are so bad I think a trike is in my future and I'm in my early 50s.Of course it will be an addition and not a replacement. I have been scootin for over 35 years so I can never give it up completely, wife or not.

Old 10-13-2017, 09:16 PM
dDavid
Tourer
Received 104 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Jackhole48
I would recommend setting up another demo on the Ultra and take her with you. If you are calm and cool with her on the back, she will recognize it. Plus the Ultra is extremely comfortable for the passenger which she will appreciate!
^^this^^

Old 10-14-2017, 06:47 AM
santajim
Grand HDF Member

Received 329 Likes on 224 Posts

Originally Posted by ORradtech
The decision here is yours.
What it boils down to is how much do you want your wife to ride with you?
If she has no confidence the experience will be miserable for both of you. If that's ok with you, go for the Ultra. If you want her to ride with you and enjoy the experience go with the trike.
My wife and I ride a lot and mostly together. We have an older Ultra and togeather we are very close to the weight limit. It can be a bear sometimes. I have taken a great deal of time and effort taking classes and practicing low speed mannuvering and stopping to make and keep her comfortable. BUT, as soon as either of us starts to feel anything but confident, I'm trading for a trike. Riding together is more important to me than how many wheels we rife on.
Good luck with your decision.
I agree 100% my wife rides with me about 95% and she has a very bad back and I have bad knees so I have spent a ton on my bike to make her (and me) comfortable, she knows how much I love to ride so she bears with the pain(going to get surgery soon) but as soon as it's too much for me to hold both of us up it will be a trike for me. We belong to a little group of friends that ride a lot together and are all in our 60's and a few in their 70's. Out of the 12 bikes in our group 5 are trikes and these guys all say they had a tough time going to the Trike but once they did they would never go back because it is so much more enjoyable just riding and not having to worry about holding up the bike. I would say do what you need to do to keep Mama with you after all she (or at least mine) is your best friend.

The following 2 users liked this post by santajim:
72RD350 (04-22-2023), talkingrock (04-21-2023)
Old 10-14-2017, 08:51 AM
kickstartfan
Road Master
Received 285 Likes on 191 Posts

OP, how about some more information.

Ten years ago you rode, why did you stop then?
How is your health, especially back and knees?
How many pounds are a few?
Have you ever owned a trike, or even ridden one?

Sure, none of my business but you are asking for advice.

You think maybe she thinks wait you lost me.

Old 10-14-2017, 09:04 AM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 49,823 Likes on 19,322 Posts

I guess YOU could guess and guess and guess ... BUT as others have mentioned ... Demo ride or rental and your questions would/should be answered

Old 10-14-2017, 11:05 AM
Brewmany
Elite HDF Member
Received 658 Likes on 435 Posts

Instead of trying to second guess what you think your wife thinks, why not just ask her?
If she has does have concerns, deal with them.

Or just tell her that the Tri Glide costs thousands more than the Ultra Limited.

Old 04-21-2023, 12:27 PM
gregintenn
Road Captain
Received 976 Likes on 333 Posts

You say you love your bike. Ride it!
You wouldn't like dirt bikes. They are giant tall!

Quick Reply: 2017 Ultra Limited