Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New seat :o(

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2017, 08:57 AM
fzggm4
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default New seat :o(

The wife finally got her own bike so I purchased a solo seat to put on my 2013 Road King. After looking for awhile decided on a Saddlemen Dominator.
Finally put it on last night and can't say I am happy with it. It's a great looking, well built seat and I liked the idea of the gel inserts but it's just not large enough for my big ****. I fee like I am half sitting on the raised portion in the back of the seat.
Back to the drawing board.

Old 10-13-2017, 09:30 AM
gipper
Road Master
Received 86 Likes on 71 Posts

You may be approaching it in a similar fashion as I did when I was on the hunt, but if not see if this method helps you in your shopping/decision making.

Take measurements of your stock seat; height from bottom to top, distance from front to the back of where YOU sit, width, etc. You get the point.

Determine what you'd like to have different (if anything) in your new seat relative to the measurements of your stock seat, and buy based on differences you'd like to have, looking for the style and material you prefer, of course.

That might might help you. Worked for me, and I nailed it first try with a Saddlemen, of all seats.

Good luck in your search for the right saddle!

The following users liked this post:
Saddlemen (10-13-2017)
Old 10-13-2017, 12:46 PM
Joe12RK
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,601 Likes on 979 Posts

cop seat - best out there - made to fit donut cop rear ends too!

DuncanRW (06-18-2021)
Old 10-13-2017, 12:54 PM
pesscomp
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat

I just replaced my mustang solo seat. Was looking at the saddlemen dominator but went with ultimate seat. Solo. There in Daytona Beach Florida. This seat is more confortable than my mustang, great company to work with, plus you they have a 14 day trial.

Old 10-14-2017, 06:44 PM
jerryt87
Road Master
Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by pesscomp
I just replaced my mustang solo seat. Was looking at the saddlemen dominator but went with ultimate seat. Solo. There in Daytona Beach Florida. This seat is more confortable than my mustang, great company to work with, plus you they have a 14 day trial.
Exact same here. I just could not get the Mustang to work for me. Even a Mean City mod didn't help.

So far the Ultimate is working fine. No really long trips on it yet though.

Old 10-15-2017, 06:16 AM
Wodan
Banned
Received 135 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by fzggm4
The wife finally got her own bike so I purchased a solo seat to put on my 2013 Road King. After looking for awhile decided on a Saddlemen Dominator. Finally put it on last night and can't say I am happy with it ...
Jeez, you buy a seat called 'Men Dominator and you're surprised when your *** is punished for it?

There's an old trick where you lay a piece of newspaper on your bike seat, now butt naked and wet, like you've just come out of the shower, you sit on the seat. That way you end up with a silhouette of the size of your *** in the paper to work from. Of course, it may stick when you first do it.

It's probably best if you do it with the garage door closed tho', and make sure your wife posts pictures afterwards.

You can then take the perfect cut out with you when you go out seat shopping.

Got to say I hate Saddlemen's new website design. I get to see full-sized Challenger, then chemistry sets, then Rushmore rocks, butt picts and then whatever next before I see the actual seat.

https://www.saddlemen.com/dominator/

Last edited by Wodan; 10-15-2017 at 06:17 AM.
Old 10-15-2017, 07:50 AM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 90 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Wodan
There's an old trick where you lay a piece of newspaper on your bike seat, now butt naked and wet, like you've just come out of the shower, you sit on the seat. That way you end up with a silhouette of the size of your *** in the paper to work from.

You can then take the perfect cut out with you when you go out seat shopping.
So you show the *** print to the parts person and ask if they have a seat that will fit this ***?

DuncanRW (06-18-2021)
Old 10-15-2017, 09:25 AM
Bodacious MC
Road Master
Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by jerryt87
Exact same here. I just could not get the Mustang to work for me. Even a Mean City mod didn't help.

So far the Ultimate is working fine. No really long trips on it yet though.
Now you got me thinking about an Ultimate. My Mustang Super Solo IMO needs to be shaped into more of a bucket. I don’t like the hard shelf that feels like a 2x6. Was going to send it to MCC for reshaping , memory and a tailbone relief

Last edited by Bodacious MC; 10-15-2017 at 01:07 PM.
Old 10-15-2017, 12:39 PM
Wodan
Banned
Received 135 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by 1flhtk4me
So you show the *** print to the parts person and ask if they have a seat that will fit this ***?
That's the one. Indeed, if you've not got a shop local, and you need to do it mail order, you can use a roller and some ink and end up with a sort of Rorschach print you can then mail off to the manufacturers.

It takes all the guess work out of the equation.

It's not so much a "does my *** look big in this?" but an "does my big *** look like it will fit that?".

It let's you see where it overlaps and falls off the edges.

Just temember to tuck your tackle away from the ink roller.

There's a story in the history of cycling relating to the invention of the ideal bicycle saddle. An enthusiast went out on one of the plank like seats they had at the time for several hours of punishment, and then when he got back, he stuck his *** in a pale of wet sand to get exactly the right shape.

It's a technique that Danny Gray re-invented recently for his "crack" seat range.

A wet newspaper's just easier to carry around than a bucket of wet sand.

You may laugh but if it's going to save you $500, would you not? It's a service I offer to my female customers all the time.

Last edited by Wodan; 10-15-2017 at 12:44 PM.
Old 10-15-2017, 12:59 PM
Veekness
Elite HDF Member
Received 643 Likes on 497 Posts

If you're looking for a big man *** seat, probably not a bigger one around than the HD Road Zeppelin. It's embarrassingly large, but it's not a solo seat. Very expensive, since it contains air bladders, but if you're rockin' the 'lard *** look' (no offense, just couldn't resist) that's the seat for you.

When I bought my 2011 FLHX, there was this seat on it. Didn't really match the proportions of the bike, and I had some slight misgivings in that the seat seemed more appropriate for a small gorilla to a rider who was weight/height proportionate. In fact, my buddy who rode the bike home...I was still recovering from the accident which got me to the place where I needed another bike...brought the OEM seat from his own X to ride it home, he didn't want to be seen riding that seat. He left his seat on my bike, and I use it for my solo riding.

As it turns out, the Led Zeppelin [sp] seat is the one that gets the nod when my wife rides.

Quick Reply: New seat :o(