Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New seat :o(

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2017, 02:43 PM
RandyL
Road Captain
Received 99 Likes on 64 Posts

this guy has no problems with his seat

Old 10-15-2017, 03:52 PM
pingman68
Road Master
Received 142 Likes on 94 Posts

Seats need a little time to break in as well. I ordered a custom Mustang seat and when it first came in, the first few longer rides I took I was having some second thoughts about it, but now it feels awesome and could easily ride all day on it.

Old 10-16-2017, 07:53 AM
fzggm4
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I have a Sundowner 2 up seat that works great. I was looking for a solo seat that was comfortable as well.
Thanks for all your comments. I am going to call Ultimate today. This is their description for their "Tall Boy":

The Ultimate Tall Boy seat will sit you 2 inches further back from the handlebars compared to the stock seat. It will sit you a little higher than the stock seat. If your inseam is 31 inches or longer and you are tall or large, the Tall Boy seat is for you.

Makes sense.

Old 10-16-2017, 01:24 PM
fzggm4
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Update:
So I emailed Ultimate and received a reply back from Des very quickly.
They do recommend the Tall Boy seat for larger riders but also recommend purchasing the rider back rest as the "Tall Boy" does not come with any back support (thus allowing more room).
From experience with an HD Brawler seat that is good advice.

Old 10-16-2017, 07:05 PM
Wodan
Banned
Received 135 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by RandyL
this guy has no problems with his seat

Amazing to think that's actually Softail custom jammed up his crack too.

Personally, I'm really not that well aquainted with big "man a$ses". Nor, thankfully, big "womman a$s" either. Was never bitten by the Kardashian bug (and still have no idea who they are or what they actually do).

However, I understand that a human skeleton and, hence, human hip bones are all basically the same size according to height. If you've ever dated a really skinny woman of the same height, you'd know the problem. It's like trying to balance the tip of your hip bones on her hip bones to align everything up and you're always fall into one side or the other.

So what's the problem?

Is it a foam issue, like they are selling the seats with the same weight of foam to guys who are 180lbs and guys who are 300lbs?

Is there a niche in the market for the same designs of seat but with different densities of foam? Or taking your favorite design and then filling it with a heavier/denser weight?

Or is the problem lack of muscle to give the a$s something to sit, additional weight causing bone to cut thru skin?

Seems like there are heaps of people - me included - gambling 350 or 500 Dollars a time with no science behind it. Shocks, we get, they come with different springs and dampers.

Shouldn't seats?

Old 10-16-2017, 07:51 PM
torchmaster
Road Warrior
Received 156 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Bodacious MC
Now you got me thinking about an Ultimate. My Mustang Super Solo IMO needs to be shaped into more of a bucket. I don’t like the hard shelf that feels like a 2x6. Was going to send it to MCC for reshaping , memory and a tailbone relief
IMO you can't go wrong with the Ultimate. I'm only 2 hours from daytona and my first stop was at Corbin.
That seat was like sitting on a rock and they would not let me take it for a test
ride. Also no returns so I said adios!

Went to Ultimate, put the seat on and said try it for 2 hours to decide. I knew in ten minutes it was right for me. They shipped my stock seat for free and you still get 2 weeks to return it for a refund if your not happy.

Have had it for 3 years now and on many 2000 mile trips.

Love the seat!

Old 10-17-2017, 06:24 AM
glasspilot
Road Master
Received 271 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by 1flhtk4me
So you show the *** print to the parts person and ask if they have a seat that will fit this ***?
"Now, that right there is funny......no matter who you are"! (Larry the Cable Guy)

Old 10-18-2017, 06:40 PM
Bodacious MC
Road Master
Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by jerryt87
Exact same here. I just could not get the Mustang to work for me. Even a Mean City mod didn't help.

So far the Ultimate is working fine. No really long trips on it yet though.
Any chance you could post up a couple of better photos of your Ultimate installed?
Thanks

Old 10-18-2017, 06:51 PM
tpcowfish
Road Warrior
Received 193 Likes on 170 Posts

And there is proof, no 2 bottom's are the same. I had an Ultimate seat, loved it, till I took a long ride, was like sitting on the seat pan, wish it wasn't so, cuz I really liked the sitting in the bike feeling it gave me, I sent it back to get checked to see if it was a defective seat, was told no, ole lady said the same, I'm on Corbin and it works the best, so far for me