Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

street glide upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2005 | 10:36 AM
shark
|
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default street glide upgrades

Hi all.

Thru the break in period with the new Street Glide. Seat is ok for cruising, but I need some more back support. Have seen good reviews about the Sundowner. If anyone has replaced stock with this, can you tell me if it changes seat height? The stock seat puts me in a good position, and don't want to add any height.

Also- wind deflectors on the front forks? I solved the helmet buffeting issue by going with the standard height windshield, but was wondering if / how much the deflectors may helo also?

Thanks

Mike

Old 10-14-2005 | 10:41 AM
pointswhat
Road Captain
Default RE: street glide upgrades

Someone stated in another threah that the sundowner moves you up 1" and back 3/4" that was on his roadking. That should give you a good idea of your placement. I have a sundowner coming for my roadglide and hoping it gets here soon I got alot of riding planed for next week.

Old 10-14-2005 | 01:11 PM
tric1
Novice

have 06 streetglide and have changed to the sundowner- moves you back a little and up a little- does add back support though. for two
up riding your passenger will definitely appreciate the sundowner.

Old 10-14-2005 | 01:34 PM
dirtnap664
Road Warrior

I have a Sundowner and I don't think it moved me back at all. If anything I feel a little more forward.

Old 10-14-2005 | 02:59 PM
CHEYENNE
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have been considering the sundowner seat with a 6" windshield for buffeting.

Old 10-14-2005 | 05:13 PM
RCS
Cruiser
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I've got the 9.5 inch windshield & the Sundowner saddle on my SG. The wind buffeting I get is from around and below the batwing up into my elbows/upper chest/lower helmet. I've ordered and will install a set of fairing wind deflectors to see if that will solve the problem.

regards

Old 10-14-2005 | 08:30 PM
unkdweg
Stage IV

ive got the o6 sg too , so far ive added a tank bra , saddlebag lid bras,quick detatchable backrest/rack , and the dark smoke fairing deflectors , i must say the 30. i spent on the deflectors was the best bang for the buck so far, i want to go to a taller windshield too but i would like to stay with the dark smoke in a 7in. or 9in. version.

Old 10-14-2005 | 09:35 PM
mikeisglidn
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

the fairing deflectors (plexiglas) and the fork deflectors are the cats azz. since i smoke while riding i took the fork deflectors off, blew ashes all over my dumb ***. put em back on that nite. they both make a big difference

Old 10-14-2005 | 10:23 PM
shark
|
Advanced

thanks to all for your responses. the rain may acually leave New England after 10 days, so I'll get the fork deflectors on tomorrow morning.

bty, second day after I got the street glide I put on a set of Freedom Wings. Similar to the HD faring mount air deflectors, but they are hinged, allowing you to position for some air if you want. great addition.

mike

Old 10-15-2005 | 02:04 AM
RCS
Cruiser
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

ORIGINAL: mikeisglidn

the fairing deflectors (plexiglas) and the fork deflectors are the cats azz. since i smoke while riding i took the fork deflectors off, blew ashes all over my dumb ***. put em back on that nite. they both make a big difference
I'm debating getting the fork deflectors, but are they "really" effective as mounted that far forward and as small as they are?

regards

Quick Reply: street glide upgrades