Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lowering???

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2017, 07:45 PM
fabricater
Cruiser
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by OldPhat
fabricater----Who makes the lowering blocks that you got,
will help the rest of us short people who are 5'-7" or less.

John
https://www.jpcycles.com/product/700-485
I got mine at my local dealer. It's what they recommend. They are good for 1" drop but no more. They look heavy enough and made well. Mine came with all the hardware.

Old 11-07-2017, 06:11 PM
Softy 103
Banned
Received 260 Likes on 168 Posts

I see that pro action has a premium 14" shock that they sell that comes with 1" lowering blocks. Huuuumm. Must not be so bad after all.

Old 11-08-2017, 11:24 AM
racerfranz
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Ive found the Slammer shocks are a bit harsh. Down the road I may look for something with more "long ride"comfort. I've gotten used to the controls, but may fool around with a slightly shorter shift lever. just a matter of personal taste, I suppose.

Last edited by racerfranz; 11-08-2017 at 11:28 AM. Reason: I'm retarded
Old 11-08-2017, 11:26 AM
racerfranz
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Wodan
I'm taller but find the same thing to. They put all your weight on your *** bone too making you have to require a more heavily padded saddle.

There are a couple of companies that do mid-controls for FXR models and some for Softails. In theory they should be easily adaptable for FLHs as most of the dimension are the same. It would require machining a hole in the internal primary case and using a different inspection cover but it's doable and would make a big difference for you.

Have a look at Custom Design Studio, BOOSTED BRAD, Big Bear, Vulcan and others. They've all got bits that would help.

Also, have a look at the second generation FXR or FXR-P mid controls, they used a bolt on set up with footplates you could fabricate easily, someone else - can't remember the name - made a similar set up for Softails. I think they adapt Dyna mid-controls to fit.

Adapting Dyna mid-controls to fit would probably be the way to go.

The other thing to consider, if you don't know about them, are air shocks with onboard compressors. If I was short, it would be the way I went instead of a fixed lowering system which will kill you in the corners. There's one that automatically lowers, and then pumps up as you speed up. I've ridden with a lower kit and, frankly, found it so ridiculously easy to grind I removed it.

Just out of interest, H-Ds are really designed for big guys. Why did you go for one rather than a metric cruiser that would fit better?
Because metric cruisers have no soul. Haha. I've seen plenty of smaller riders on Harleys.