Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat install question

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 09:48 AM
Mongo40
Tourer
Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Seat install question

I recieved my new corbin touring seat from Dennis and Kirk yesterday, I can't get it mounted because the metal tab on the back of the seat hits the trunk no matter which way I twist it, looks like the only way to get it mounted is to move the trunk out of the way first, the stock seat has enough flex to slide it in, but the corbin won't flex at all. If moving the trunk to get the seat off an on is the only way then thats going to be a real pain, anyone have any ideals or suggestions. I know I saw a kit somewhere that moves the trunk back two inches to give your passenger a little more room, can't remember where I saw that at though. Later
Chris

Old 06-13-2007, 09:50 AM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Seat install question

Do a search for "George Anderson".

Old 06-13-2007, 09:56 AM
jlacasci
Tourer

Not sure if this will help, I hope so.

I have an 05 Ultra and the Corbin dual tour, it was a b1tch the first time I tried to get it on.
My tourpack has never been off the bike so It's sitting in whatever position the dealer put it on. I've heard they can be mounted in 1 or 2 postions some closer toward the tank some an inch or so back???

Anyway, I openend my tour pack, was able to slide the back plate in place (under the pack) and in no way would the front tab slide into the slot. I had to bend the front tab under the front of the seat in order for it to fit. I called Corbin and they said this was common. No issues at all in near a year by the way. Just took a pair of good plyers and slightly kept bending the thing until I could get her in. You are right, the comfort stitch could be easilly flexed, not so with the Corbin.

Joe

Old 06-13-2007, 09:58 AM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member

Dang Joe - ya must be one of the few won't don't hafta take the seat off every coupla weeks! Dunno - mebbe it's just me, but it seems sucky that Corbin wouldn't come up with sumthin' ta address that.

Old 06-13-2007, 10:12 AM
Mongo40
Tourer
Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks Joe, I wasn't aware you could move the trunk any, does anyone know how this is done,,,, I would like to move it back an inch or so.

Chris

Old 06-13-2007, 10:27 AM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member

Pretty straightforward, really - look under the tour pak, an' you'll see the luggage rack rails. Look closely, an' you'll see 5 bolts that secure the pak to the rails. Goin' through the TP, loosen/remove the bolts, an' shift it back to the rear-most position (the TP hasmolded "cups" on the back of it where the rear rail is positioned). If it's already back as far as it'll go, you'll need George Anderson's kit - otherwise, move it back an' see how it goes.

Old 06-14-2007, 10:50 AM
jlacasci
Tourer

Sorry if my post wasn't clear, I tend to type faster than I can think ;-)

I didn't have to move my tourpack (it may have been in the farthest back postion already from
the dealer, but then again, maybe not, I really don't know) just wanted to point out that if your tourpack isn't all the way back that could be an issue.

I've never taken my tourpack off or tried to move it. I HAVE removed the seat countless times, so much that I have the thumb screw on it since owning the bike.

Again, don't know what position my tourpack is on (front or back) but I couldn't get the
plate on the back side of the Corbin in place under the tourpack AND get the front tab under the tank unless I bent the front metal tab on the Corbin down. It just wouldn't grab/fit into the hole/slot under under the tank. I think even if my tourpack was off the bike, this tab would have to be bent.

Joe