Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Frustrated with warranty feedback on my 07...

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 07:46 PM
RainMaker
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Frustrated with warranty feedback on my 07...

Called the MC today to inquire warranty information and was not pleased with what i heard.

Since I have added a race tuner and slip-ons, engine failures would not be covered under warranty.... So if the heating issues kill my engine (havent seen any report complete failures...i understand that), i'm on my own because of the mods the dealer did before delivery. When I asked how the dealers could tell me it would not impact the warranty at the time of the sale?... "they are independants".

Just sounds like a big round robin to me.... EPA says... HD, you have to conform to these regulation, HD says... well, we can do that, but our product is going to have to be modded to work properly and passes it on to the consumer, the consumer then mods the bike to correct the short falls placed on by the feds... but when you do, it impacts your warranty...

So let me get this right, you were told you had to do somthing to sell your product in the USA and instead of compliing and possibly allienating a certain %s of your client base by changing design, you decide to release a product you know to be faulty and leave it up to the consumer to spend more money correcting it only to tell them to fuock off when it blows....

I called my dealer and was told my Perferred Customer would cover ANYTHING, during the 3 years and not worry about it. That is comforting to know.. but i have read so many different things on here that after hearing it myself, I would have made different decisions in my purchases....

Man, i guess that perferred customer just keeps paying for itself...

Old 06-12-2007, 09:47 PM
Ravens35
Cruiser
Default RE: Frustrated with warranty feedback on my 07...

If your dealer says they'll cover it, then they probably will. It varies from dealer to dealer. The MoCo is just spouting the company line. I've never taken any stock in an HD warranty, and luckily haven't needed it with 4 bikes with 4 different engines.

Old 06-12-2007, 09:56 PM
dionne51
Road Captain

If it's any consolation, my dealer installed SE Stage 1 air cleaner, Race Tuner, and Vance and Hines ovals on my bike and they stated explicitly that it did not void the HD warranty.

D

Old 06-13-2007, 12:25 PM
Firetender
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rainmaker, the warrantor is required to prove that the failure was caused by your modifications before they can refuse to cover therepairs. It can't be used to stop your modifications, only to exempt them if your modifications are causing failures. The 1975 Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act is federal law. It sounds like you will need an attorney to do the legwork on this one for you.

Old 06-13-2007, 12:37 PM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Same here.

ORIGINAL: dionne51

If it's any consolation, my dealer installed SE Stage 1 air cleaner, Race Tuner, and Vance and Hines ovals on my bike and they stated explicitly that it did not void the HD warranty.

D

Old 06-13-2007, 01:00 PM
texas tom
Tourer

Why did you call the moco? were you having a problem?

Old 06-13-2007, 01:20 PM
hotpursuit
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: texas tom

Why did you call the moco? were you having a problem?

thats what im saying.... let a sleeping dog lie... and surely dont alert them to ur name.....

Old 06-13-2007, 06:08 PM
STROKER102
Advanced

I do the modsmyself,it all just plugs in.Keep all the old parts,for when she blows.So ride the hell out of it,and dont worry.

Old 06-13-2007, 06:12 PM
cubcake1
Tourer

I though HD had to prove whatever mod you made actually caused the problem for warranty not to be covered.

Old 06-13-2007, 06:56 PM
Rininhoj
Cruiser

Cubcake,
I just gotta say that is one FAT lookin ride. Me likes very much.
Rini

Quick Reply: Frustrated with warranty feedback on my 07...