Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Road Glide Value

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2017, 11:40 PM
Sopranos
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

HD tech built - I purchased it.

Old 09-17-2017, 11:42 PM
UPSGUY
Road Master
Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

KEEP IT! I was going to trade my '13 in on an 18RK and after thinking about it for a while I'm going to keep it and look for an 09 to 13 RKC. not crazy about the 107 and love my 103!!

Old 09-17-2017, 11:44 PM
seanl
Road Master
Received 373 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by Sopranos
HD tech built - I purchased it.
I guess if you bought it right you can get your money back out. Such a beautiful bike needs to be ridden!

Old 09-18-2017, 12:18 AM
Sopranos
Novice

That's just it - I love the bike... and I ride the hell out of it. I was just wondering if it's nearing the time where I'll lose any upside at all to trade/sell it for something newer. The bike is perfect and built the way I wanted it, but I wouldn't want to sink any money into it at this point if something went wrong. Runs absolutely flawless so maybe I'm just over thinking it.

If I couldn't get at least $16k back out of it then I don't think I could let it go anyway.

Last edited by Sopranos; 09-18-2017 at 12:22 AM.
Old 09-18-2017, 05:41 AM
nobodyknowsme
Banned

Received 14,667 Likes on 6,425 Posts

If I couldn't get at least $16k back out of it then I don't think I could let it go anyway.
Fat chance of that but best of luck. Only thing I myself would change on your current bike would be more comfortable bars.

Old 09-18-2017, 07:53 AM
ddm502001
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Buddy of mine has a tricked out 2009 SG, has had it for sale trying to recover PART of his invested money and time, not looking good as sales are WAAYY down on these. Would have to find Just the right Buyer at just the right time where that may take months if ever. His has been advertised on three rides sales online advertisers, not one nibble at $12800, he is flat PO'd as to no one looking as he really wants out to buy a boat. A Fool!! Has not ridden it in awhile to keep miles down(currently 14,000) and has now lost the battery, he refuses to dicker down further when even the KBB is nowhere near to ask even to co-workers. Guess he will sit on it awhile.

Old 09-18-2017, 09:55 AM
seanl
Road Master

Originally Posted by ddm502001
Buddy of mine has a tricked out 2009 SG, has had it for sale trying to recover PART of his invested money and time, not looking good as sales are WAAYY down on these.....Guess he will sit on it awhile.

Yep, it's a buyer's market for used Harleys right now. With the MoCo pushing M8s and tons of garage queens for sale, there's no reality in finding that perfect buyer that appreciates all the bolt-ons and mods. Modding bikes and cars with any hope of recouping those dollars is futile.

That being said, I bought wheels, cams, and shocks for my bike over the summer, I'm going to ride it for a long, long time!

Old 09-18-2017, 10:20 AM
Sopranos
Novice

Very strange... I see lesser bikes asking much more than that here in Ca. I realize it's just an asking price and they're probably not getting that but these are all around $18k here.

But you're all correct in that at least I have a nice bike to keep riding. I have no problem keeping the bike, too, if it doesn't make sense to start over at this point.

Old 09-18-2017, 11:52 AM
Veekness
Elite HDF Member
Received 641 Likes on 495 Posts

That's just it - I love the bike... and I ride the hell out of it. I was just wondering if it's nearing the time where I'll lose any upside at all to trade/sell it for something newer. The bike is perfect and built the way I wanted it, but I wouldn't want to sink any money into it at this point if something went wrong. Runs absolutely flawless so maybe I'm just over thinking it.

I think you nailed it...you're over-thinking things. And I'm thinking that the time to recoup value vanished when you bought it. All those goodies aren't worth a rip come resale time, and if you paid extra for them, you're gonna be the one takes it in the wazoo!!!

But who cares? Do we buy motorcycles for safe return on our dollar? Of course not!!! You're getting your money's worth when you ride that puppy!

For some of us potential buyers, the go-fast goodies are a big red flag...or maybe orange...Why would a guy spend big bux on performance equipment if he didn't intend to beat the bike some? And I prefer that guys I buy bikes from not beat 'em! Of course, there's never any guarantee of that, but in my opinion...the more bux spent, the more beating happened! That's not always the case, of course, but...ya know!

So, I'm with the guys that suggest you keep it.

Old 09-18-2017, 12:47 PM
seanl
Road Master

Mr. Soprano, with all due respect, what could you possibly replace that black beauty with that would yield more smiles per mile? You've got a great blacked out theme, plenty of power, bike looks fantastic....maybe upgraded wheels but that's a luxury item.

Quick Reply: 2010 Road Glide Value