Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please help hesitate/missing

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2017, 10:13 PM
Thekid338!
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help hesitate/missing

07 ultra classic stock except for pipes which have been on for years. Just recently I have started to get a "studder" or miss feeling between 2500 and about 3200 RPM. In addition, the bike idles a lot rougher. Cranks fine and seems to be fine other then the studder so to speak. Changed temp sensor, plugs, changed TPS(from what I can tell does not need to be calibrated) as well as changed air filter. Checked fuel filter and seems fine. Also does it full tank and non full tank so not a hole problem in the fuel tank hose. I cleaned the IAC and it appears to be operating fine. NO CODES have ever been thrown and or stored, checked them. Also, not bad gas cause I drained the fuel and re-filled as well as ran sea foam through it. Please help! I did notice my breather hoses are pretty cracked and rough shape but can't imagine it is that?

Old 09-17-2017, 02:02 AM
Mr. Mike
Road Captain
Received 330 Likes on 150 Posts

All stock...
Might you have a V&H Fuelpack? If so, disconnect it temporarily and see if it runs any better.
Bad plug wire(s)? Connections?

Old 09-17-2017, 05:28 AM
Thekid338!
5th Gear

No fuel pack. Plug wires seem fine but thought about replacing anyways, cheap replacement.

Old 09-17-2017, 06:40 AM
kojak
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,806 Likes on 1,361 Posts

You have done a lot of trouble shooting already. Check for loose connectors, frayed or crimped wires. Let us know what you find.

Old 09-17-2017, 07:10 AM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,837 Likes on 1,597 Posts

Couple things I would check:

1. Cracked header right before the split at rear cylinder.
2. Intake seals leaking - spray WD40 right at them while the engine is running.
3. Coil connections - look for corrosion.
4. Throttle blade loose and/or out of sync with throttle cables/sensors.
5. Crank position sensor.
6. Rubber plug on top of intake missing/cracked?
7. Continuity of the fuel injector wires all the way back to the ECM.

Last edited by lp; 09-17-2017 at 07:14 AM.
Old 09-17-2017, 07:36 AM
bigdumbnoitall00
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 670 Likes on 534 Posts

if u changed the tps i would have it calibrated.

Old 09-17-2017, 08:28 AM
voodoodrug
Stellar HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 81 Posts

you seem to be on the right track. I googled each sensor and studied the sighns of there failure and worked backwards.think theres about 8 on the 2007.

you said you cleaned the iac? I replaced mine and realized it was corroded and only real way to clean area was to remove and get in there good.

tps replaced did not need calibrateing for 07'

had an occational stumble few years now its been gone after i put a generic fuel pump in for 49$

Old 09-17-2017, 08:42 AM
Thekid338!
5th Gear

Originally Posted by lp
Couple things I would check:

1. Cracked header right before the split at rear cylinder.
2. Intake seals leaking - spray WD40 right at them while the engine is running.
3. Coil connections - look for corrosion.
4. Throttle blade loose and/or out of sync with throttle cables/sensors.
5. Crank position sensor.
6. Rubber plug on top of intake missing/cracked?
7. Continuity of the fuel injector wires all the way back to the ECM.
I did the intake check as well as the headers when I changed tps all good there. Rubber pig is in place. I was thinking the crank position sensor as well. I also listened in the fuel tank and heard no hissing so I think the tubes are good. Was debating changing the fuel filter just because since I don't know when last changed.

Old 09-17-2017, 09:27 AM
EdwardK
Road Warrior
Received 306 Likes on 226 Posts

Fuel tank hose leak problem is caused when there is a pin hole in the pressurized fuel line so it doesn't care how much fuel is in the line. When less than half tank, remove fuel cap, shine a light in the tank and turn the ignition on to turn on the fuel pump. If you see any spray inside the tank, you have a hole in your fuel line.

You also said you checked the fuel filter but there's no real good way to do that that I know of. Big questions is when was the last time it was changed?

Old 09-17-2017, 09:32 AM
Thekid338!
5th Gear

Originally Posted by EdwardK
Fuel tank hose leak problem is caused when there is a pin hole in the pressurized fuel line so it doesn't care how much fuel is in the line. When less than half tank, remove fuel cap, shine a light in the tank and turn the ignition on to turn on the fuel pump. If you see any spray inside the tank, you have a hole in your fuel line.

You also said you checked the fuel filter but there's no real good way to do that that I know of. Big questions is when was the last time it was changed?
you must have miss read or I miss typed. I am thinking that I might just change the fuel filter since like u said I am not sure when it was last changed it ever. A friend of mine has a fuel pressure tester so going to put that on the bike tomorrow and see what it says. Thank you all for the recommendations. I wud rather wrench on my own bike then bring it to a dealer.

Quick Reply: Please help hesitate/missing