Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Exhaust for my 04 FLHRCI RKC

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 12:14 PM
ScooterJammer
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Exhaust for my 04 FLHRCI RKC

I have decided on buying a RB Racing LSR "C" 2-1, 1-3/4" exhaust system for my '04 FLHRCI. As luck would have it, my local Indy Shop owner has a set from another owner who switched to a differentbrand. My question is, the LSR 2-1 has an O2 Port for a "Closed-Loop" EFI system, based upon the research I've done and talking to the folks at RB Racing, the '04 FLHRCI doesn't need the O2 sensor bung because it's not a "Closed-Loop" system. Can anybody on the HD Forum confirm this?

Also, I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who has this exhaust system and their impressions on performance. I don't expect the new exhaust to miraculously make my RKC into a fire breathing dragon, but I do expect to see a nice increase in HP and Torque from idle through 4500rpm, which is the power band I ride in.

Old 06-13-2007, 03:20 PM
ScooterJammer
Cruiser
Default RE: New Exhaust for my 04 FLHRCI RKC

Well...I've done several different search queries and I've finally found out why I've gotten noresponses to my question. It appears you either love RB Racing and their performance pipes or you hate them. Sadly, it seems that most people don't hate them because they didn't perform (with one exception and heappeared to change his mind), on the contrary, it was because RB Racing didn't kiss their *** when they ordered their exhaust or the promised delivery datewasn't met, and they didn't kiss their *** trying to explain that they custom build each exhaust, but have then have themchromed, ceramic coated, etc. in batches, something RB Racing might want to consider in the future.I've learned over the years to add 25% to any promised delivery date and if they come in earlier, so much the better. Then there is the issue of the "attitude". If it came as a suprise to you, you must not have navigated their website. Any outfit that has a section called "Eat **** and Die" probably has problems playing nicely with the other children. I don't know this for a fact, but, if you are building exhaust systems for Formula 1 cars, Bonneville Land Speed Record holders, Camel GT cars,NASCARand I suppose any other group out there trying to go fast, dicking around with a bunch of whiny, sniviling, spoiled Harley-Davidson owners (don't get you knickers in aknot, I include myself in this group), may get a little tiresome after awhile. I've seen a couple of questions on this Forum that even made me shake my head, "how do I know which way to turn the wrench to remove the nut (o.k. maybe not quite that bad.)?" Righty tighty, lefty loosy. In fact, on my second email I was told by "Reader" at RB Racing, to "Know your machine", and he's right and I'm trying to understand these new TC88 motors. Regardless, thank you all for you considered responses, I will enjoy mounting the LSR 2-1 exhaust on my bike and I'm pretty sure it will improve the overall performance of the bike.

ScooterJammer

Old 06-14-2007, 09:10 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I would have replied to you, but I am not familiar with those pipes. Myself, I have Sampson drag fishtails. Probally the worst pipes, performance wise. But man do I love them. Loud is an understatment. And, that was what I was looking for. Once you have the pipes installed, drop us a note and let us know how you like them. I, for one, and always up for recommendations fora good set of pipes.

Old 06-14-2007, 11:06 AM
ScooterJammer
Cruiser

PapaTravis...Thanks for the reponse and I will provide and After Action Report on the LSR 2-1 exhaust. I'm pretty pumped about the system. The "key" is having a knowledgible Tuner and I've got a pretty good dyno Tuner, John at Scooter's Performance in Sanford, FL, who I believe will get the mid-range grunt I want for my FLHRCI. I'm not into big numbers that "come on" at 5000rpm and above, I just don't ride like that. I want to be able to pull tree stumps from2000rpm - 3500rpm.Based upon other reports I've readthey sound really nice, too.

ScooterJammer