Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

can't decide between Road King and Street Glide

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2017, 01:15 PM
Duende01
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by B Bop
My preference is also Road King, I cannot say enough good things about it, but if you are just coming off a Triumph Bonneville your next step should be IMHO the Road King, believe its comparable to your previous scoot, and introduces you to the lightest touring "big frame" you can always go up if you feel the need to do so depending on personal preferences.

I say rent one for the weekend, you will be glad you did!

B Bop

2012 FLHR (Road King) Ember Red Sunglo & Merlo (stage II)
Cruise Control, ABS, Chrome Aluminum Profile Laced Spoke Tubeless Wheels, Security Package, Saddle Bag LED Lid Spoilers, and an array of accessories that enhances nostalgic appearance & blood curdling performance.

It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
That's a beautiful bike right there. In this picture it looks so similar to mine which is the 2013 Burned Orange and Beer Bottle. I wonder if they just changed the name and the color is the same.

The following users liked this post:
B Bop (09-03-2017)
Old 09-01-2017, 02:47 PM
Hecklerboy
Road Warrior
Received 893 Likes on 387 Posts

When you enter the Harley shop, which bike do you look at first? That's the bike you want.

Old 09-01-2017, 08:30 PM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,661 Likes on 2,538 Posts

RoadKing.
Fairings SUCK!

Old 09-01-2017, 08:31 PM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,661 Likes on 2,538 Posts

Originally Posted by Hecklerboy
When you enter the Harley shop, which bike do you look at first? That's the bike you want.
Is your sig pic the New River Gorge?

Old 09-01-2017, 10:00 PM
svarnster
Road Warrior
Received 301 Likes on 245 Posts

replacing the SG shocks with touring shocks easily fixes the SG ride. I love the batwing, U could give me 100 grand and tell me buy which ever Harley u want It would be a batwing. my preference would be the screaming eagle electra glide in blue. saw a couple in Daytona last year.

Old 09-01-2017, 10:54 PM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 46 Posts

I own both a Road King Classic and an Ultra Unlimited. I guess the fairing on the Limited may have a few more electronics than the Street Glide but I've never ridden the SG. But FWIW...if it wasn't that my wife likes the rear seat on the Limited so much I wouldn't have that bike. I don't like using the radio and the other features on the screen are useless (I generally know where I'm going and I don't need GPS). For me its the Road King - IMO, it just feels the way a bike should feel. Much more nimble than the bikes with fairings. My $.02...but the best advice you'll get is to ride them both and then decide.

The following users liked this post:
xsivhp (09-27-2020)
Old 09-02-2017, 05:24 AM
Jemezcrusher
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

And I will look at 2014-16 Road King classics if I can get a good deal for that trademark Harley sound....man decisions decisions! Wish I was rich enough to own several bikes lol[/QUOTE]

The Road King Special looks pretty cool. Last year for the Road King Classic was 2013

Old 09-02-2017, 05:10 PM
6stringrider
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking that's my problem...

Originally Posted by Hecklerboy

I look at the bikes like I look at attractive women lol. If I had to narrow it down to one it's so hard....redhead? brunette? blonde? asian? Latina? caucasian? chocolate? athletic? curvy? thin?

haha I digress...but the ones that catch my eyes are the all blacked out RGS, SGS, Road King Classic. Harley makes too many good looking bikes including the Softail Heritage and Dyna Low Rider S...but I'm ultimately looking for that bagger with good touring suspension so that's why I narrowed it down to the the RK and SG. and maybe even RG. CAn't go wrong with any of them just want one with the most versatility and that looks to be the RK platform. I wish they made the shark nose aftermarket fairings for them as well!

Old 09-05-2017, 09:17 AM
Hecklerboy
Road Warrior
Received 893 Likes on 387 Posts

Originally Posted by dickey
Is your sig pic the New River Gorge?
Yes, I'm on the Fayette Station Bridge below.

Old 09-05-2017, 03:08 PM
B Bop
Road Captain
Received 71 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by 6stringrider
Where can you rent these bikes at? Do you know approximately how much it costs to rent one and is it mileage limited or can I take it out of state for the weekend and bring it back?
Try a google search in your area, I'm sure one or two will be available.

Wish you well!

B Bop

2012 FLHR (Road King) Ember Red Sunglo & Merlo (stage II)
Cruise Control, ABS, Chrome Aluminum Profile Laced Spoke Tubeless Wheels, Security Package, Saddle Bag LED Lid Spoilers, and an array of accessories that enhances nostalgic appearance & blood curdling performance.

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Quick Reply: can't decide between Road King and Street Glide