Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD Dealers Refusing Fuel Mngmt System

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 04:22 PM
Cryptoboy
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 3,878 Likes on 1,415 Posts
Default RE: HD Dealers Refusing Fuel Mngmt System

ORIGINAL: RiderX

Is the Harley race tuner better than the PCIII? It sounds to me like the PCIII offers more options and is easier to install. Are the maps for the '07 Harleys as good as the maps offered for the Harely race tuner?
Better is a very arbitrary notice when it comes to either system. The SERT could be considered better because it can get much more detailed when you (or a tech) programs it. On the other hand, that could make it worse, if you don't know what you are doing and/or don't want to pay more $$$ to get it tuned right. The PCIII is cheaper, and while you can get pretty detailed (again if you know what you are doing), it is easier to just get maps and load them into the PCIII, and off you go!

I ended up getting the PCIII for my 05 Glide (Thunderheaders, SE A/C so far). It took me 30 minutes to install and program it for my setup (would've been faster, but I had just installed the pipes, and was a little tired by then!) I haven't had one issue with the map I downloaded from the Dynojet website, and I'm sure it could be tweaked even better if I wanted to.