Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fast idle on 06 with sert

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 09:48 PM
dgriffith
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fast idle on 06 with sert

I had a SERT put on this past Thursday and when I start the bike cold or after riding for a while and stop to get gas, the bike will high idle for about 15 seconds before it will idle down. It will run about 1500 rpm. Is this normal or do I have a download problem? It will do it most of the time and other times it works normal. They just replaced the seals on it also they were bad again. Thanks Dan

Old 06-10-2007, 10:30 PM
asuperheat
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Fast idle on 06 with sert

The sert can adjust the idle and may be set to run rich on start up (choke) and is probably fine but if it bothers you take it back and tell them to make it run the way you want. Took mine back 3 times the last tune I had.

Old 06-11-2007, 12:21 AM
Wags1
Tourer

Did they give you the CD, Cables, and Dongle for your SERT? If so did they tell you what calibration file they loaded. Was it custom or a stock one off of the CD? If you paid the money for a SERT their are lots of things you can do yourself without taking it back to the dealer and paying them even more money. It's pretty easy to check the Idle table your self and make whatever changes you want...
The SERT is just as much for your use as the dealers. If it is a new SERT they no longer come with the cable set but you can buy them for about $24 (HD PN 32108-06).

Old 06-11-2007, 07:09 AM
dgriffith
Road Warrior

I have the cables and the cd that came with the G version of sert. The file I have on mine is 1072. with std. smoothing 3. The bike starts and idles fine 9 out of 10 times. The 10th time it will high idle 15/1600 for about 15/20 seconds before it will idle down. It doesnt matter if its hot or cold it will do it. I was wondering if the intake module seals are still leaking causing it to do that. Milage at 75 mph/36, crusing at 45/55 mph/43. 650 mile test this weekend, 2 up all the time. Thanks Dan

Old 06-11-2007, 08:55 AM
Wags1
Tourer

Ah, that does sound like something other than a tuning issue. Could certainly be something mechanical.

Old 06-11-2007, 10:25 AM
dgriffith
Road Warrior

I might have found the answer to my question. While I was reading the basic set up and programming procedures on the SERT program, I found out that as the engine turns over/cranking. The speed in which it does, determines weather it is cold or hot,hence more fuel,higher idle for a few seconds. I,m guilty of some times of having the bike in gear, and starting it. Hence clutch drag, slower cranking speed........ daaaa learn something every day. Dan

Old 06-11-2007, 01:49 PM
FLHX
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm just curious what is file 1072? I have an older version of the sert and loaded file #27 on my 06 Street Glide with the 8 deg. injectors.

#27 was supposed to be for Touring models with SE air filter and mufflers and 8 deg. injectors.

I haven't heard of file 1072.

Old 06-11-2007, 02:19 PM
dgriffith
Road Warrior

I don,t know, the dealer installed my SERT I bought off of EBAY, and they downloaded the program. It was on the dino, to check how it preformed. The printout of that dino says at the top of the page RUNFILE-1072drf Maybe it is someones personal set up. I,m just now reading the setup instructions on how to download and change programs myself. Mine came with 25deg. injectors. I opened the list of files of maps and I did not see any numbers like #25 or #27 etc. Where is that number at? thanks Dan

Old 06-11-2007, 03:12 PM
Wags1
Tourer

Dan, Make sure that the dealer gives you a copy of the final calibration that they loaded. Their is no way to pull theactive calibration off of the ECM. So if you want to make and test changes you will need a copy of the current calibration file to revert back to if you need to. When you connect your PC to the bike you can click on "Get ECM Info" and it will show you the CAL ID. If it is one of the stock calibrations that come on the CD you will be able to reference that number to the list. If it was a custom calibration that they loaded the only way to get it is to get them to give you a copy.

When you loaded the SERT code on your PC it should have also loaded a PDF file called Delphi Race Tuner Cals. That has a detailed description of all the calibrations that are included.

Old 06-11-2007, 06:55 PM
dgriffith
Road Warrior

Yes, I loaded all the info on the CD. Incliding the instructions. as well as the calibrations. Yes, I suspect it is a custom map from what the heading on the page says. A/F is almost a constant 13 to 13.5 the full rpm range from 2500 to 5000. That is what the Dynojet Research printout says. I,m surprised that some of our more programming Savvy members have not found a way to download the program I have in mine. Surely there is a way to copy it.

Quick Reply: Fast idle on 06 with sert