Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can you help me identify my seat?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2017, 05:52 PM
Davii
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Can you help me identify my seat?

Hi all, I have a 2013 Street Glide I bought used. I assumed it had the stock seat as the seat is embossed with the HD logo, etc. However, I recently purchased Harley's adjustable rider backrest and can't get my seat to go one over it. The assembly hits the front of the area going up to where the split in the seat is as if the seat pan is pushed back. Everything on HD and everything else I can find says this should be a direct fit. The only numbers I can find on the seat aren't a part number. Can anyone tell me what this seat is and if getting a stock one would fix the problem? Thank you!

Old 08-09-2017, 06:03 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,235 Likes on 1,848 Posts

That's not a stock street glide seat; the passenger portion on a street glide seat is very narrow. That looks like a HD sundowner seat to me. However, that seat should still fit over the adjustable backrest mount.

Old 08-09-2017, 07:43 PM
nobodyknowsme
Banned

Received 14,670 Likes on 6,425 Posts

Too tired now to take my seat off and look but isn't there an adjustment on the backrest bracket. Even if not there is the way you may be trying to get the backrest onto the bracket? May take a different angle approach? Take the seat off and eyeball it with where it goes vs where the bracket is. I gave a backrest and mount to a friend a couple years ago who has a 13 Street Glide.
Seems he had to make some minor modification (stuff he bought from HD) to make it work. Good luck.

Old 08-09-2017, 07:52 PM
Cousy
Road Captain
Received 71 Likes on 60 Posts

Edit: that may be a Tallboy seat, in which case the adjustable rider backrest does not fit. I initially thought Sundowner, but that seat pan looks really long.

Last edited by Cousy; 08-09-2017 at 07:57 PM.
Old 08-09-2017, 07:53 PM
cncmike
Road Master
Received 251 Likes on 161 Posts

That's probably an old Sundowner or a stock Electraglide seat. If it's '08 or earlier it won't fit your bike. The base of your backrest should have 4 sets of holes so it can be moved forward or back. The split in the seat tells you it should work with a backrest. I have never had a problem with the backrest mount on my '09 Streetglide and I currently use a 2017 Streetglide seat and a 2009 Sundowner seat.

Old 08-09-2017, 08:01 PM
cncmike
Road Master

Is your mount on like this? I realize you have an adjustable and I don't

Old 08-09-2017, 08:26 PM
Davii
Cruiser

This is the backrest I bought, it doesn't appear to have an adjustment front to back. I think the seat is the tallboy seat, it just appears the seat pan is set pretty far back, and my 5'7" frame does feel like I'm stretching to reach everything.

Old 08-09-2017, 08:30 PM
Cousy
Road Captain
Received 71 Likes on 60 Posts

What do I win?

P&A catalog says the Tallboy accepts the standard rider backrest. Maybe you could just swap the backrest if the seat is ok for you. If not, I recommend a Sundowner. Someone here might trade you for the Tallboy seat.

Old 08-09-2017, 11:47 PM
cncmike
Road Master

Or you can get a take off streetglide seat. I just bought a 2017 in perfect condition on EBay for $175. If you ride solo they are nice and look better.

Old 08-10-2017, 12:08 AM
Davii
Cruiser

Thanks for the help everyone. You guys have definitely confirmed my suspicion that I have a tallboy seat. I'm going to try to trade it or I'll just get someone else's takeoff. Thanks again!

Quick Reply: Can you help me identify my seat?