Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

96-13 Fairing Swap to 14-17 Street Glide

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2023 | 03:22 PM
Infini
6th Gear

Originally Posted by patsfan9090
you need all brackets look up ronnies cycle in mass and pull up a micro phish and then i shopped craigslist,facebook,ebay my number is 603-455-3748 if you need help it will not let me load more pics
Just an FYI I did just text you .

Old 07-25-2023 | 08:52 AM
danaezabail
Advanced

Why would you want to anyway? Is there something specific you want to accomplish?

Last edited by danaezabail; 07-25-2023 at 09:07 AM.
Old 07-25-2023 | 09:13 AM
Infini
6th Gear

Originally Posted by danaezabail
Why would you want to anyway? Is there something specific you want to accomplish?
Strange question to ask in a thread that's been talking about it for months. The old fairing is just that. Old. It's design is old. Dated. I'm not going to spend $30-$50K on an overpriced new street glide.

The following 2 users liked this post by Infini:
Leimy (03-16-2024), MissPiggy103 (07-26-2023)
Old 07-26-2023 | 02:58 AM
MissPiggy103
3rd Gear
Default Fairing conv.

Its The VENT! That vent is to the Harley fairing, what the scoop was to the Mustang hood! IMHO
Patsfan, Ive just about got everything together to do the conversion!
Im going with the Biketronics Brackets instead of pods, but everything else the same.
Thanks for the inspiration bro! As was said, if you dont try, youll never know, but wish you had!
Something like that LOL!
Gent

Old 11-19-2023 | 01:56 AM
MissPiggy103
3rd Gear

I did the swap, a 2017 CVO fairing to my 2010 E-Glide. It was way over planned! I wanted to do this since day one of owning this, my first Harley. I just love and had to have the look of the front "vented" fairing and saw no reason why I couldn't do it.
I have a 2010 FLHTP, got it used with the cop inner fairing. The first mod out was to change the inner fairing to one I could put a stereo in.
I then added an oil temp gauge to the cluster of battery, fuel and oil pressure gauges.
My cheap amazon inner started to vibrate badley at the windshield because it was'nt quite an exact fit, the began to pull out the 1/4-20
screw plugs.
Next came the cracks inside, along the webbing intended to stiffen the whole assembly. By then I had just about all the parts for the swap.
The inner/outer fairings, Biketronics speaker brackets, stereo support brackets and all other hardware.
I took off the stock outer fairing, began labeling all wiring that wasn't stock plug in harness.
I had already thought out the 2010 gauge to 2014-23 inner fairing fab and fit, the real deal was to re-create the 2010 indicator light bar and where on the newer style inner fairing. L.E.D's , wiring and gauge relocation was the answer.
The indicators, left blinker, nuetral, oil press and high beam are on the left and one for right blinker ont the right. (Pics shown)
Custom fabrication, wiring and anything else it takes to get something done is my specialty!!!!
I've got of course a speedo and tach, also four gauges, fuel and battery on the left, oil press. and temp on the right one located on 'fixed' the media door, nice and neat. A double din stereo and the vent. the lower fairing has the custom switch bank for headlight on/off, parking lights, pose lights, stereo screen dimmer and ultracooler fan. If interested, Iv'e got a ton of pics and info.
This swap was clean and well worth the work!

Old 11-19-2023 | 09:05 AM
roussfam
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by danaezabail
I'm guessing he wanted the vent?
This is what I did ...
96-13 Fairing Swap to 14-17 Street Glide-photo93.jpg

The following users liked this post:
07UltraGuy (03-16-2024)
Old 03-16-2024 | 11:25 AM
Leimy
Road Captain
Veteran: Air Force

I have a 2002 and and 2017. I have also been thinking about converting and updating the 02 to the updated style.
Back many years ago, I built drag race cars so I understand about making things fit. Takes time and money and more than one attempt.

thanks to eveyone for the information.

Old 03-17-2024 | 08:59 AM
patsfan9090
Novice

if you need info 603-455-3748

Old Yesterday | 01:27 PM
Hensey
Stage I
Default Stereo

Originally Posted by MissPiggy103
I did the swap, a 2017 CVO fairing to my 2010 E-Glide. It was way over planned! I wanted to do this since day one of owning this, my first Harley. I just love and had to have the look of the front "vented" fairing and saw no reason why I couldn't do it.
I have a 2010 FLHTP, got it used with the cop inner fairing. The first mod out was to change the inner fairing to one I could put a stereo in.
I then added an oil temp gauge to the cluster of battery, fuel and oil pressure gauges.
My cheap amazon inner started to vibrate badley at the windshield because it was'nt quite an exact fit, the began to pull out the 1/4-20
screw plugs.
Next came the cracks inside, along the webbing intended to stiffen the whole assembly. By then I had just about all the parts for the swap.
The inner/outer fairings, Biketronics speaker brackets, stereo support brackets and all other hardware.
I took off the stock outer fairing, began labeling all wiring that wasn't stock plug in harness.
I had already thought out the 2010 gauge to 2014-23 inner fairing fab and fit, the real deal was to re-create the 2010 indicator light bar and where on the newer style inner fairing. L.E.D's , wiring and gauge relocation was the answer.
The indicators, left blinker, nuetral, oil press and high beam are on the left and one for right blinker ont the right. (Pics shown)
Custom fabrication, wiring and anything else it takes to get something done is my specialty!!!!
I've got of course a speedo and tach, also four gauges, fuel and battery on the left, oil press. and temp on the right one located on 'fixed' the media door, nice and neat. A double din stereo and the vent. the lower fairing has the custom switch bank for headlight on/off, parking lights, pose lights, stereo screen dimmer and ultracooler fan. If interested, Iv'e got a ton of pics and info.
This swap was clean and well worth the work!

hi what radio did you use on this upgrade ?

The following users liked this post:
johnnynitro (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday | 10:14 PM
Mongo1958
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by UltraSteveUSAF
I'm working on doing a 17 to 17 swap from street glide to road glide. Even that is hard to get all the part. You will need all the new mounts internals and all fairings. Your gauges should actually be the same size (I haven't measured) Your gauges won't work and the wiring harness in a 14-17 isn't backwards compatible with a 13. The Rushmore bikes have a can-bus system which is totally different from the earlier bikes. Could someone make it work? Possible. I'd find a friend that has a Rushmore and measure the gauges and headlight to see if there the same size. If so those items should swap over, then you would just need all the hardware as mentioned.
Here you go.