Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Eye wear..... what are your preferences?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2017, 09:02 AM
sailmotion
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,846 Likes on 3,238 Posts

I use "Bob [something]" transitionals with my 1/2 and 3/4. My only objection with transitionals [or at least my brand] is that they do not get dark enough in bright light. Is this a common problem with transitionals or just my brand?

Old 08-02-2017, 09:14 AM
PoCoBob
Road Master
Received 392 Likes on 148 Posts

I ride with a Full Face helmet with the visor removed so finding a pair that's comfortable around my ear is a challenge. I started off with the 7 eye Diablo glasses and they were good, I went through a couple pairs of them. Then I switched to Bobsters because of the price and went though a couple pairs of them but they were nowhere near as comfortable. I just got a set of HD Gravity glasses that look very similar to the ones in the original post in this thread. They are really good, the frames are soft and flexible around my ear so they fit well inside my helmet. It says they were made for Harley by Wiley-X but the case they come in is identical to my old Diablo glasses so I would bet they're the same company as 7 eye.

Old 08-02-2017, 09:18 AM
Fetasigma
Intermediate
Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

i wear the curvz motorcycle transition lenses glasses, i have tried multiple types and theese are the best that i have found par none. they are comfortable and last pretty well. they also seal very well so i can wear my contacts.

Old 08-02-2017, 09:28 AM
HKMark23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,940 Likes on 1,116 Posts

Check out the SPY line of sunglasses, their "Touring" model in particular.

These are "Big Area" glasses which protect like goggles but slide on and off like glasses.

Watch for pricing and shop ! You can pay as much as $250 for these or (if you're very lucky) as little as $50. There are a wide array of frame / lens combinations and you can swap out different lenses yourself.

I've used goggles, Wily-X glasses, and HD sunnies too. Now I never wear anything but my SPY Touring Glasses. The brand isn't as well known as some others in NA but they are Premium glasses, enough so that the PRC has been knocking em off so you need to be careful of that.

Old 08-02-2017, 09:44 AM
MilesOfTexas
Road Warrior
Received 159 Likes on 128 Posts

I wear Rawlings R3 Baseball glasses. Are great in the sun, rain, etc.

These are the exact ones:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rawlings-R3-...72.m2749.l2649

Old 08-02-2017, 09:45 AM
sailmotion
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,846 Likes on 3,238 Posts

Originally Posted by HKMark23
Check out the SPY line of sunglasses, their "Touring" model in particular.

These are "Big Area" glasses which protect like goggles but slide on and off like glasses.

Watch for pricing and shop ! You can pay as much as $250 for these or (if you're very lucky) as little as $50. There are a wide array of frame / lens combinations and you can swap out different lenses yourself.

I've used goggles, Wily-X glasses, and HD sunnies too. Now I never wear anything but my SPY Touring Glasses. The brand isn't as well known as some others in NA but they are Premium glasses, enough so that the PRC has been knocking em off so you need to be careful of that.
I'm sure many people would like those, but to me, they are fugly! Reminds me of the Florida retiree sunglasses.

Old 08-02-2017, 10:23 AM
HKMark23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,940 Likes on 1,116 Posts

Originally Posted by sailmotion
I'm sure many people would like those, but to me, they are fugly! Reminds me of the Florida retiree sunglasses.

I see what you mean. Your more affordable brands do look better small !

These:

,,,,,, Look great !!

Old 08-02-2017, 12:35 PM
BB59
Tourer
Received 71 Likes on 57 Posts

After years of riding in really expensive glasses which were always getting dropped, scratched and broken I finally gave up and started riding in Global Vision Eyewear Rider Safety Glasses. They are rated UV 400, are virtually indestructible, come in several different tints and are less than $10 a pair. I buy them a half dozen at a time on Amazon and when they get scratched I throw them away and grab another pair from the drawer. I like the mirrored copper the best but will grab a dark pair for really sunny days. I use the clear or yellow mirrored at night. At least for me it beats the hell out of spending $150 a year on really nice glasses.

Last edited by BB59; 08-02-2017 at 12:42 PM.
Old 08-02-2017, 01:00 PM
Lethal Weapon
Road Master
Received 150 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by BB59
After years of riding in really expensive glasses which were always getting dropped, scratched and broken I finally gave up and started riding in Global Vision Eyewear Rider Safety Glasses. They are rated UV 400, are virtually indestructible, come in several different tints and are less than $10 a pair. I buy them a half dozen at a time on Amazon and when they get scratched I throw them away and grab another pair from the drawer. I like the mirrored copper the best but will grab a dark pair for really sunny days. I use the clear or yellow mirrored at night. At least for me it beats the hell out of spending $150 a year on really nice glasses.

Great idea !

Old 08-02-2017, 01:20 PM
CalgaryBikeBum
Tourer
Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by azgrumbles
I wear safety glasses that I get from work. Dark tinted and clear ones. They're comfortable, cheap and do well at blocking wind.

I also wear safety glasses in both dark tint and clear. If they scratch grab another pair. They are like $4 a pair. I buy mine through work to get a cheaper price.

Quick Reply: Eye wear..... what are your preferences?