Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LED Bulbs -Inexpensive Alternative

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2017, 11:50 AM
UltraZac
Tourer
Received 88 Likes on 52 Posts
Default LED Bulbs -Inexpensive Alternative

With all the hype about LED lighting, I decided to try some LED bulbs. I did some research and a lot of reading on the subject and decided on the bulb I have installed now. The bulb came as a pair at $49.99 for automotive use, so I’ll have a spare if I ever need one.

After I installed the new H4 LED headlight bulb I did a comparison of my headlight to a friend's LED light. He paid $500. We couldn't see his light at a slight angle to the side. We could see mine very well at a wide angle and mine is much brighter. I didn’t have my camera when we did the comparison but mine was definitely brighter, especially straight on. I'm quite pleased with the light output of the LED I chose.

The headlight looked so good it made my passing lamps look old and dingy. So I got some 886 LED bulbs for the passing lamps. In the attached picture you can see the difference between the old halogen passing light and LED bulb.

The headlight puts out a good pattern with a decent cut off line so I don’t blind on coming drivers. Hi beam is blindingly bright and throws light a long way down the road. The passing lamps do a good job of filling in the close in areas and the side of the road. Now, I just have to do the mod to keep the passing lamps on with hi beam.

My new quest is, you guessed it, LED turn signals.

Attached Thumbnails LED Bulbs -Inexpensive Alternative-lights.png  
Old 07-29-2017, 12:23 PM
RandyL
Road Captain
Received 99 Likes on 64 Posts
Old 07-29-2017, 01:32 PM
rgrecco
Road Master
Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

Your link does not work...

Last edited by rgrecco; 07-29-2017 at 01:37 PM.
Old 07-29-2017, 01:35 PM
UltraZac
Tourer
Received 88 Likes on 52 Posts

Whatever that link is for, it's not working.

Old 07-29-2017, 01:37 PM
rgrecco
Road Master

UltraZac

Care to share what you purchased?

Old 07-29-2017, 02:47 PM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

I can't see these LED bulbs (link doesn't work, you have both http:// and https:// in your link) but I bought a set of 3 LED bulbs from Paradise Lights LLC and they're great. Cost is $120 for headlight and passing lamps and they are extremely bright and pure white.
Like you said, LED bulbs are a great alternative to real LED lamps at a fraction of the cost. I'm not disputing the fact that real LED lamps are brighter and more powerful but LED bulbs represent a significant upgrade from the stock halogen bulbs.

Here's the
link link
to the ones I bought.

Last edited by frenchbiker; 07-29-2017 at 02:50 PM.
Old 07-29-2017, 03:06 PM
Hate Work
Road Warrior
Received 158 Likes on 138 Posts
Old 07-29-2017, 05:46 PM
electra_boogaloo
Cruiser
Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

looks good. led lights are the best! i've been looking at a set of turn signals from custom dynamics, but a kit is $250 front and rear+ load equalizer. that's a little rich for my blood. anyone here used regular automotive leds and an equalizer on their bike?

Old 07-30-2017, 05:16 AM
rgrecco
Road Master

Hey Guys! I bought this really cool thing for my motorcycle and it works really well but I'm not going to tell you where I got it or who makes it!

Old 07-30-2017, 07:26 AM
DuraGlide
Road Warrior
Received 119 Likes on 78 Posts

I bought an LED set of H4 replacements off Amazon. Brand name was Lightening Dark. Cost about $50. Been running them a couple months and so far they have been great. They will light up the reflective road signs in broad daylight. Rode through the tunnels on the BRP with my dark tint riding glasses and still had plenty of light to see by. Beam focus is good and I have not been high beamed by oncoming drivers.

Quick Reply: LED Bulbs -Inexpensive Alternative