Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ride like a pro

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2017, 10:06 AM
ozzy49938
Cruiser
Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Ride like a pro

Well I have had my touring bike for 2 years now. When I first got on the bike I really struggled with handling the bigger bike at slow speeds.
With the advice from others I got the DVD ride like a pro. I have watched and been using the techniques in the video and have improved a lot. There is still room to get better, but it is coming along.
My question is has anyone used the videos and than decided to go to the live classes? If so were the classes worth the time or did you feel like it wasn't really beneficial.
The nearest class to me is 10 hours and have been thinking of maybe trying to get into a class in the future, but want to hear others thoughts on the class before I spend the time and money to travel and do the class. Thanks.

Old 07-26-2017, 10:32 AM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,600 Likes on 2,723 Posts

I skipped the video and took the class. Very valuable class. You must practice afterword, because those skills dont become instinctive until you've practiced a lot.

Where in Michigan are you? They had a class in Southfield.

http://ridelikeapro-gl.com/

Looks like you have an opportunity if you act quickly on the 29th, or later in August up north: http://ridelikeapro-gl.com/RLAP-GL%2...20Schedule.pdf

Last edited by Keithhu; 07-26-2017 at 10:35 AM.
Old 07-26-2017, 10:43 AM
Beak
Road Master
Received 285 Likes on 132 Posts

Take the class....I watched the video, but the class was more helpful. It really boosts you confidence in slow speed handling. Took the class in Md. Well worth the money they charged. Would take it again if they offered it down here in SW Fl.

Old 07-26-2017, 10:58 AM
hillcountryflt
Road Captain
Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

Class helped me a lot. Gotta practice.
The focus is on low-speed maneuvering and you spend a lot of time on the clutch and rear brake.
Improved my skill level a lot. Can't do all of the things I learned in the class still, but doing u-turns is a breeze. I do find myself trying to see how long I can stay upright as I am approach stop lights/stop signs.

Old 07-26-2017, 11:02 AM
ozzy49938
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Keithhu
I skipped the video and took the class. Very valuable class. You must practice afterword, because those skills dont become instinctive until you've practiced a lot.

Where in Michigan are you? They had a class in Southfield.

http://ridelikeapro-gl.com/

Looks like you have an opportunity if you act quickly on the 29th, or later in August up north: http://ridelikeapro-gl.com/RLAP-GL%2...20Schedule.pdf

Far west end of the U.P. I believe that is the area of the class I was looking into to. I know in was in the lower. Thanks

Old 07-26-2017, 01:08 PM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,600 Likes on 2,723 Posts

Originally Posted by ozzy49938
Far west end of the U.P. I believe that is the area of the class I was looking into to. I know in was in the lower. Thanks
That class will occupy a large chunk of the 15 minute riding season you have up there. (spoken like a true troll, I know)

Old 07-26-2017, 01:14 PM
cookiemech
Road Captain
Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

I took the class in Southfield several years ago (and I live southeast of Pittsburgh, PA). Well worth the effort and cost. I had ridden non-Harleys for 21 years at the time, quite comfortably, but the class really made a big difference in learning low-speed handling on H-D Touring bikes.

Old 07-26-2017, 01:18 PM
ozzy49938
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Keithhu
That class will occupy a large chunk of the 15 minute riding season you have up there. (spoken like a true troll, I know)

Yep a little trollish, but sadly not all the far from the truth. LOL

Old 07-26-2017, 02:10 PM
Bend Iron
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by hillcountryflt
Class helped me a lot. Gotta practice.
The focus is on low-speed maneuvering and you spend a lot of time on the clutch and rear brake.
Improved my skill level a lot. Can't do all of the things I learned in the class still, but doing u-turns is a breeze. I do find myself trying to see how long I can stay upright as I am approach stop lights/stop signs.
LOL! Me too. I love to roll up to a complete stop, then slowly, gently lower my feet to the ground.

Old 07-26-2017, 02:43 PM
81rat
Road Warrior
Received 439 Likes on 270 Posts

ozzy you might not have to drive 10hrs --- as there's a company just 1hr away from me that teaches the same thing and on different levels , so you might check around closer

Quick Reply: Ride like a pro