Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aftermarket lower fairings reviews please

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2017, 06:53 PM
GregGillette
Road Master
Received 247 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by maryvillept
Couple slight hiccups when mocking them up. The strap that mounts the lower to the crash bar is really tight. I finally gave up and just put the "quick" disconnect set up on it that I bought. By the way when they saw quick disconnect they should've just said tool less disconnect. Still isn't very "quick". Needed an washer on the lower mount hole due to being a bit large for just the screw for my liking.

The other hiccup was the lowers needing an inner tube or cabinet liner/ something to tighten them up to the bar on the upper end. Obviously those are easy quick fixes so I'm not complaining at all. Will post pics after they are painted in the next week or two.
Ive got the TCMT units as well. Inexpensive but you need to figure out a couple things to make work. Mine worked out well, 2 years on them and look great

Attached Thumbnails Aftermarket lower fairings reviews please-20170306_185753.jpg  
Old 07-22-2017, 09:28 PM
3rdEyeStreetGlider
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GregGillette
Ive got the TCMT units as well. Inexpensive but you need to figure out a couple things to make work. Mine worked out well, 2 years on them and look great
+1 on the TCMT, I love them but there are some adjustments that have to be made. First off you are paying a fraction of the OEM cost so there is likely to be a slight imperfection or two. I got lucky with mine in that aspect, but I did have to use some creative attachment techniques. I am still looking for a way to put some speaker grills over my Infinity Kappas. Lol!