Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aftermarket lower fairings reviews please

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2017, 05:24 AM
Yazeed
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I purchased a Hogworkz and they are fine for me. one of my friends ordered a Motuzo and he will install it next couple weeks will let you know.

Old 07-20-2017, 06:13 AM
heat413
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+1 for the Advan Black. Bought a set of the denim black for my RG, instructions were a bit lacking, but easy enough to figure out. They look and work great for a fraction of what the MoCo wants....

Old 07-20-2017, 09:42 AM
kryingame
Road Warrior
Received 90 Likes on 59 Posts

Why do you say that Mutazu sucks? Do you have actual first hand experience or are you just repeating **** that you read from a stranger who also has no direct knowledge?

Anyway, I have Mutazu speaker lowers and new version King Tourpak.
My SG is a 2012 and I've had the lowers on since 2013 (they're holding Biketronics speakers). I live in North Carolina and (with the exception of this overly hot *** Summer) I ride state to state and I don't baby the bike while riding.

My Mutazu lowers have never, not 1 time given me a difficult time or crapped out on me. You should check the actual reviews on Ebay, there are more positive than negative.

If you choose Mutazu, you should call them directly and speak to Gina. Tell her that you're a member of this forum and if you can continue the conversation w/o insulting the company or product, she'll give you a 10% discount.

Old 07-20-2017, 11:29 AM
maryvillept
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kryingame
Why do you say that Mutazu sucks? Do you have actual first hand experience or are you just repeating **** that you read from a stranger who also has no direct knowledge?

Anyway, I have Mutazu speaker lowers and new version King Tourpak.
My SG is a 2012 and I've had the lowers on since 2013 (they're holding Biketronics speakers). I live in North Carolina and (with the exception of this overly hot *** Summer) I ride state to state and I don't baby the bike while riding.

My Mutazu lowers have never, not 1 time given me a difficult time or crapped out on me. You should check the actual reviews on Ebay, there are more positive than negative.

If you choose Mutazu, you should call them directly and speak to Gina. Tell her that you're a member of this forum and if you can continue the conversation w/o insulting the company or product, she'll give you a 10% discount.
had one of their trunks on my Honda and it was crap. Granted that's been a few years now but it was cheapest of cheap

Old 07-20-2017, 11:59 AM
kryingame
Road Warrior
Received 90 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by maryvillept
had one of their trunks on my Honda and it was crap. Granted that's been a few years now but it was cheapest of cheap
Some say Honda is crap. Some say Harley is crap.

Old 07-20-2017, 04:30 PM
EG-2006
Tourer
Received 60 Likes on 46 Posts

I bought a set for $55 from usamotorpartsfactory on ebay last year and couldn't be happier with the quality, fit, and cost. Also bought a hardware kit from them for $22. Don't know what brand they were but they are nice and you can't beat the cost.

Old 07-21-2017, 12:35 AM
Melroy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 53 Posts

subscribed

Old 07-21-2017, 10:22 PM
maryvillept
Road Captain

Lowers came in today. Ordered the ones from TMCT I think was their name on eBay. $55 shipped. Thus far I'm impressed by the condition. They are preassembled and came with mounting hardware. These are painted black and are a true paint job and not just plastic that's clear coated. The paint job is decent. Only one run that I saw but it's not horrible. Tomorrow's job is mount them and go for a test ride before paint. I will be repainting Sedona orange

Old 07-22-2017, 10:35 AM
pdbuzz
Club Member
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I got my RKC this past March and rode it out of Texas. Let me tell you, EVERYTHING is bigger in Texas, including the bugs! I took one of those little bastards to my knee (saw it fly through the air with no other traffic around, so I know it wasn't a rock!)

After getting home, I started my search and found a 3rd party set on Ebay for cheap, cheap! (I don't recall the seller though) They're still on my ride and I love 'em. No problems with them at all! I got the 'matte black' ones to match the hard leather bags that were on my ride at the time.

Attached Thumbnails Aftermarket lower fairings reviews please-img_20170429_154539.jpg   Aftermarket lower fairings reviews please-img_20170514_193255.jpg   Aftermarket lower fairings reviews please-harley1.jpg  
Old 07-22-2017, 04:28 PM
maryvillept
Road Captain

Couple slight hiccups when mocking them up. The strap that mounts the lower to the crash bar is really tight. I finally gave up and just put the "quick" disconnect set up on it that I bought. By the way when they saw quick disconnect they should've just said tool less disconnect. Still isn't very "quick". Needed an washer on the lower mount hole due to being a bit large for just the screw for my liking.

The other hiccup was the lowers needing an inner tube or cabinet liner/ something to tighten them up to the bar on the upper end. Obviously those are easy quick fixes so I'm not complaining at all. Will post pics after they are painted in the next week or two.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket lower fairings reviews please